JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow... He must live in a dry climate. It takes some serious fresh socks skidding across the carpet to get any kid of static charge around here.
Still a good thing to keep in mind I suppose.

I'm wondering what else he had been doing. I've been Reloading for many, many years and I have done a bit of experimenting just what can happen in the reloading room. I don't think I'm going to buy into this one. Besides the fact that he had to have spilled a BUNCH of powder. If I still ANY, I stop and clean up after myself. He looked like he had it all over himself. Nope, something fishy in this case.

When young, we played with loose powder a lot just because we could. It is really difficult to get to go off, (unlike Black Powder) we tried shooting metal cans of it, setting a powder trail fuse to light and things I am sure I can't remember.........it is really stable and even difficult to light with a match........this guy must have forgotten his Tesla coil was on......

Where did you grow up Argonaut? Some of our favorite play things were gun powder, lighter fluid, gasoline...........and bb guns, pellet guns, 22's...... how did we survive?

I call big fat shenanigans. Who in the world wears a grounding strap (he had "unfortunately" forgot to wear one on this oh so terrible occasion) while reloading ffs.
feh

Ditto what Argonaut posted, smokeless is a lot more stable, and B.P. is far more energetic! As a matter of fact, B.P. is far more explosive then a lot of more modern types or controlled explosives, it contains more energy per unit measure then dynamite, and is actually even more energetic then fuel oil and ammonium nitrate! It's just more sensitive to atmosheric conditions then other medims and hard to use unless contained in vessel! As to a loading bench fail, you will only have a vigoros fire with smokeless, even a full pound can will not explode, but rather burn hot and fairly slow, B.P. will explode violently, and depending on grade, can be quite nasty! It is also more prone to spreading embers of slower burning ejecta, making for a much larger problem! I seriously doubt the lead story!:)

Where did you grow up Argonaut? Some of our favorite play things were gun powder, lighter fluid, gasoline...........and bb guns, pellet guns, 22's...... how did we survive?
Spokane and Northern Idaho......my great uncle lived near Deer Park and had a 10 acre woodlot on his farm. He kept dynamite and as an old man loved using it to blow up stumps. It was great fun. We also made napalm and stuff that would get you locked away today. Pre 911, I had an explosives licence in California that we used in my marine salvage company. We used dynamite to sink Fero Cement boat hulls in very deep water after cleaning and striping them.

Spokane and Northern Idaho......my great uncle lived near Deer Park and had a 10 acre woodlot on his farm. He kept dynamite and as an old man loved using it to blow up stumps. It was great fun. We also made napalm and stuff that would get you locked away today. Pre 911, I had an explosives licence in California that we used in my marine salvage company. We used dynamite to sink Fero Cement boat hulls in very deep water after cleaning and striping them.

And I thought we had it good growing up in the wildlands of gresham/troutdale............I'm not envious but it sounds like you had even more opportunity than we did. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed every minute of it!

Grand Dad and his brothers always had a few boxes of Dynomite around, just in case! The best were wedding parties. After the new couple went to bed and started to consumate the relationship, one of them would set a stick or three on a fence post near by and set it off, then commnce to partying!:D good times!

One last trip down memory lane.......when we moved from NE PDX (Alameda) to gresham we were "allowed" to shoot bb guns and 22 shorts into hay bales in our backyard..........only "ganstas" are allowed that privilege now in NE PDX

I clean off my laminated benchtop after every loading session & deposit in a plastic jar.
One just cannot get all the powder into every casing... spillage happens....:D

We used to try to take an equal amount from each of our dads that reloaded...........that practice continued when we were allowed to drive their cars.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top