JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Savage 320 12 gauge pump; my goto varmint gun for squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, opossums, pine martins, and every other varmint that ruins our garden or goes for our chickens.

I like the gun. It was inexpensive, performs well for it's purpose, and is easy to give a quick clean too after dealing with above said pests.

This afternoon I put down a pine martin that was trying to dig into our chicken coop and when I safed the shotgun I noticed....RUST. A lot of it, especially around the pump mechanism.

I keep this in my safe, in a non-humid environment, and I give it a quick clean-up after every use.

I just finished a full tear down and deep clean and most of the exterior bits had tiny rust spots. Corrected, oiled, and buffed now, but, really? On my next trip to town I plan to get some Duracoat and give this a whole finish job, but in the mean time I'm irritated as heck.

Has anyone else had an issue with Savage's suddenly rusting after a month-ish in storage? Are they known to have finish issues?

I have a safe in the garage in western wa ( high humidity). I have a golden rod inside and I have zero problems with rust. You just have to keep the safe a few degrees higher than the surrounding area and it keeps moisture away. Get a golden rod or equivalent and don't look back.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top