JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Savage 320 12 gauge pump; my goto varmint gun for squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, opossums, pine martins, and every other varmint that ruins our garden or goes for our chickens.

I like the gun. It was inexpensive, performs well for it's purpose, and is easy to give a quick clean too after dealing with above said pests.

This afternoon I put down a pine martin that was trying to dig into our chicken coop and when I safed the shotgun I noticed....RUST. A lot of it, especially around the pump mechanism.

I keep this in my safe, in a non-humid environment, and I give it a quick clean-up after every use.

I just finished a full tear down and deep clean and most of the exterior bits had tiny rust spots. Corrected, oiled, and buffed now, but, really? On my next trip to town I plan to get some Duracoat and give this a whole finish job, but in the mean time I'm irritated as heck.

Has anyone else had an issue with Savage's suddenly rusting after a month-ish in storage? Are they known to have finish issues?

I have a safe in the garage in western wa ( high humidity). I have a golden rod inside and I have zero problems with rust. You just have to keep the safe a few degrees higher than the surrounding area and it keeps moisture away. Get a golden rod or equivalent and don't look back.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top