Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

SAF finally removes Ron Paul from their web site

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by PiratePast40, Feb 14, 2013.

1. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Don't know if it was in response to emails complaining about his derogatory comments made about Chris Kyle (I sent one) or they finally came to their senses. In any case, the quote from Ron Paul as a centerpiece of their web site has finally been taken down.

Second Amendment Foundation Online

2. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

I had to look up what he said.

First I should say I like Ron Paul more than most of them. Second, looks like he is prone to outbursts of stupidity like all the rest.

3. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Wilsonville , OR Well-Known Member

all he said was the truth. how does going into other countries and killing people keep America safe?

pdx210, Will_Power, Viper84 and 13 others like this.
  4. duane black

It doesn't.

As I said, I like Ron Paul.

Chris Kyle was a American Hero, even if you don't agree with the war on terror this is still a fact. Not the wisest choice of words Paul used when he said " live by the sword, die by the sword". He was trying to help the person that killed him from what I understand. Another service member struggling with PTSD.

Typical politician diarrhea of the mouth.

If I was Paul I would attack the people that sent him there to kill 160 people, Kyle was just doing his job.

I do often wonder about Karma. I always wondered how Audie Murphy survived countless action in WW2 and performed some amazing acts of bravery only to be killed in a airplane crash. Chris Kyle was killed by another service member. Crazy.

RIP Mr Kyle

5. PiratePast40

So the conclusion is that he deserved to be murdered? Do you mean just like rape victims deserve it for the way they dressed or the fact that they were stupid enough to be at a certain place? Not being critical here of any of the posters, just trying to understand the logic behind the remarks.

6. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

RP never said Chris Kyle deserved to be murdered. He simply said people who engage in violence will die violently.

inb4 protecting America, doing his job, etc. How someone can be considered a hero even as he openly admits to gunning down unarmed civilians, just because they are brown males between the ages of 18 and 65 is beyond me.

rur862 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. PiratePast40

Hero worship can turn into a terrible thing.

Will_Power and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Glock Jock

you would have to rape people to deserve to be raped if you are comparing the two. he was a professional killer, and died by the gun. I don't see how going into other countries and attacking people is "patriotic". If I know somebody is going to kill me I can't go to their house and kill them to keep me safe - that is murder. I can however kill them if they come into my house - that is self-defense. The Constitution agrees with what I am saying in that we can have an army or militia to protect the country, but not a standing army which suggests invading other countries. I don't doubt that he wanted the best for his country or was just "doing his job", but if you go around the planet killing hundreds of people then the comment "live by the sword - die by the sword" isn't to far fetched.

And I am not seeing anything about that guy as having PTSD or even being in combat, I thought he was a mechanic or something. That story about how he died doesn't sound right.

9. duane black

On Saturday, February 2, 2013 Kyle and a companion, Chad Littlefield, were shot and killed at the Rough Creek Lodge shooting range in Erath County, Texas[19] by 25-year-old fellow veteran Eddie Ray Routh, whom Kyle and Littlefield had purportedly taken to the gun range in an effort to help him with his posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).[20][21]

10. Glock Jock

When the news says one thing it's probably another. I know the main stream news said that, but I have seen reports since then that totally contradicted what they said. I will try to find it.

11. duane black

I don't worship Chris Kyle or Ron Paul, or any other man or figure.

I guess it all depends on what a " hero " is in your mind. In mine it is a person, that shows great courage and ability under extremely dangerous circumstances at great personal risk, and prevails. ( and sometimes doesn't )

I think Ron Paul could have chosen his timing AND words wiser. Pauls co-workers are the reason Kyle was there killing people.

I will never attack US service members for performing their duties that our representatives send them to perform.

12. Tbucket

Tbucket Olympia,Wash. Active Member

Just a question here, you guys would rather wait till someone attacks the United States and only fight them on our soil?

raindog and (deleted member) like this.
  13. dmancornell

Update at 11, death penalty for pre-crime/thought-crime is the new official US foreign policy.

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  14. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

Seems to have worked very well in the past.

When was the last time an American died at the hands of an Imperial Japanese soldier?

15. Tbucket

Dman okay??? I won't derail this thread but wow.

16. duane black

This is actually a very good point. I should clarify my " it doesn't " statement. I don't believe it does in regards to the " war on terror ".

17. dmancornell

Yes, the thousands of US dead in the "war on terror" are safely buried in the ground. :rolleyes:

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  18. dmancornell

Deal with it, Chris Kyle was a professional killer who openly admitted to war crimes:

http://www.freedominourtime.blogspot.com/2012/02/pseudo-courage-of-chris-kyle.html

Fuhrerprinzip didn't work for Axis soldiers, why should Chris Kyle get a pass?

Glock Jock and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Tbucket

War is hell and I was not there, who do you trust in such an enviroment? Do you think if fought on U.S. soil they would give us the same considerations? I do not believe anyone is a hero, so I am not necessarily condoning what Kyle or others have done in war but on the other hand I do live in reality.

20. dmancornell

Sure, the reality is Chris Kyle shot unarmed civilians then bragged about it. The end.