JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Don't know if it was in response to emails complaining about his derogatory comments made about Chris Kyle (I sent one) or they finally came to their senses. In any case, the quote from Ron Paul as a centerpiece of their web site has finally been taken down.

<broken link removed>

Don't know if it was in response to emails complaining about his derogatory comments made about Chris Kyle (I sent one) or they finally came to their senses. In any case, the quote from Ron Paul as a centerpiece of their web site has finally been taken down.

<broken link removed>

I had to look up what he said.

First I should say I like Ron Paul more than most of them. Second, looks like he is prone to outbursts of stupidity like all the rest.

all he said was the truth. how does going into other countries and killing people keep America safe?

It doesn't.

As I said, I like Ron Paul.

Chris Kyle was a American Hero, even if you don't agree with the war on terror this is still a fact. Not the wisest choice of words Paul used when he said " live by the sword, die by the sword". He was trying to help the person that killed him from what I understand. Another service member struggling with PTSD.

Typical politician diarrhea of the mouth.

If I was Paul I would attack the people that sent him there to kill 160 people, Kyle was just doing his job.

I do often wonder about Karma. I always wondered how Audie Murphy survived countless action in WW2 and performed some amazing acts of bravery only to be killed in a airplane crash. Chris Kyle was killed by another service member. Crazy.

RIP Mr Kyle

So the conclusion is that he deserved to be murdered? Do you mean just like rape victims deserve it for the way they dressed or the fact that they were stupid enough to be at a certain place? Not being critical here of any of the posters, just trying to understand the logic behind the remarks.

So the conclusion is that he deserved to be murdered? Do you mean just like rape victims deserve it for the way they dressed or the fact that they were stupid enough to be at a certain place? Not being critical here of any of the posters, just trying to understand the logic behind the remarks.

RP never said Chris Kyle deserved to be murdered. He simply said people who engage in violence will die violently.

inb4 protecting America, doing his job, etc. How someone can be considered a hero even as he openly admits to gunning down unarmed civilians, just because they are brown males between the ages of 18 and 65 is beyond me.

you would have to rape people to deserve to be raped if you are comparing the two. he was a professional killer, and died by the gun. I don't see how going into other countries and attacking people is "patriotic". If I know somebody is going to kill me I can't go to their house and kill them to keep me safe - that is murder. I can however kill them if they come into my house - that is self-defense. The Constitution agrees with what I am saying in that we can have an army or militia to protect the country, but not a standing army which suggests invading other countries. I don't doubt that he wanted the best for his country or was just "doing his job", but if you go around the planet killing hundreds of people then the comment "live by the sword - die by the sword" isn't to far fetched.

And I am not seeing anything about that guy as having PTSD or even being in combat, I thought he was a mechanic or something. That story about how he died doesn't sound right.

you would have to rape people to deserve to be raped if you are comparing the two. he was a professional killer, and died by the gun. I don't see how going into other countries and attacking people is "patriotic". If I know somebody is going to kill me I can't go to their house and kill them to keep me safe - that is murder. I can however kill them if they come into my house - that is self-defense. The Constitution agrees with what I am saying in that we can have an army or militia to protect the country, but not a standing army which suggests invading other countries. I don't doubt that he wanted the best for his country or was just "doing his job", but if you go around the planet killing hundreds of people then the comment "live by the sword - die by the sword" isn't to far fetched.

And I am not seeing anything about that guy as having PTSD or even being in combat, I thought he was a mechanic or something. That story about how he died doesn't sound right.

On Saturday, February 2, 2013 Kyle and a companion, Chad Littlefield, were shot and killed at the Rough Creek Lodge shooting range in Erath County, Texas[19] by 25-year-old fellow veteran Eddie Ray Routh, whom Kyle and Littlefield had purportedly taken to the gun range in an effort to help him with his posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).[20][21]

On Saturday, February 2, 2013 Kyle and a companion, Chad Littlefield, were shot and killed at the Rough Creek Lodge shooting range in Erath County, Texas[19] by 25-year-old fellow veteran Eddie Ray Routh, whom Kyle and Littlefield had purportedly taken to the gun range in an effort to help him with his posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).[20][21]

When the news says one thing it's probably another. I know the main stream news said that, but I have seen reports since then that totally contradicted what they said. I will try to find it.

I don't worship Chris Kyle or Ron Paul, or any other man or figure.

I guess it all depends on what a " hero " is in your mind. In mine it is a person, that shows great courage and ability under extremely dangerous circumstances at great personal risk, and prevails. ( and sometimes doesn't )

I think Ron Paul could have chosen his timing AND words wiser. Pauls co-workers are the reason Kyle was there killing people.

I will never attack US service members for performing their duties that our representatives send them to perform.

Dman okay??? I won't derail this thread but wow.

Deal with it, Chris Kyle was a professional killer who openly admitted to war crimes:

http://www.freedominourtime.blogspot.com/2012/02/pseudo-courage-of-chris-kyle.html

On page 79, Kyle describes the Rules of Engagement that his unit followed when they were deployed to Shatt al-Arab, a river on the Iraq-Iran border: "Our ROEs when the war kicked off were pretty simple: If you see anyone from about sixteen to sixty-five and they're male, shoot &#8216;em. Kill every male you see. That wasn't the official language, but that was the idea.

Fuhrerprinzip didn't work for Axis soldiers, why should Chris Kyle get a pass?

War is hell and I was not there, who do you trust in such an enviroment? Do you think if fought on U.S. soil they would give us the same considerations? I do not believe anyone is a hero, so I am not necessarily condoning what Kyle or others have done in war but on the other hand I do live in reality.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top