JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry to hear it wasn't all you hoped- internet rumors spoke of a "Loaded" version in the pipe line:maybe including front strap & back strap treatment and maybe a Yost or Garthwaite style extended safety, so I might wait a while and see if they materialize. Still, seems SA did an ok job at a surprisingly decent price

rumor is Turkey rather than Hungary for the forgings, but I don't think anyone has t come up with a definitive answer

At the prices that I've seen lately post-crazyness, you'd be hard pressed to find a good base gun for less. New trigger, spring kit, and a no-bite hammer and I'd be quite happy. That's probably $125 in parts and labor. Still only $825 to $850, which is far cheaper than a Browning/FN. The finish could be dealt with later as needed.
Hey Gerts !
From your time in bed with this one, do the internals appear to be interchangeable with other make HP's, or do the problems go beyond a simple fix like that ?

Hey Gerts !
From your time in bed with this one, do the internals appear to be interchangeable with other make HP's, or do the problems go beyond a simple fix like that ?
It's my understanding the SA35 is compatible with BHP parts. I think the one I got was closer to ideal than my Mk3 was out of the box. However, I've already been down that road with the Mk3 and now it's just how I like it. I wasn't really wanting to do another overhaul.

I got my SA-35 yesterday and shot it today. On opening the box I found the gun and one magazine in a pouch. Also a card that said among other things that if I wanted a paper owners manual I needed to call an 800 number. There was portion of the box I could open marked accessories but when I open it all that was in there was the dumb cable lock. When I got it home I got on line but couldn't get the on-line manual to work for me so turned to U-Tube for dis assembly instructions. I got it apart, cleaned and lubed up. It was bone dry when I got it and felt a little rough just working the slide. CLP and rags took care of that and I got it back together and it was working much smoother. Today at the range I shot a few magazines of different types of ammo more to familiarize me with the gun and see how it runs. No problems, it shot it all just fine. I thought the trigger was just fine and the only thing I didn't like was the hammer didn't bite me but I could tell it wanted to. I got a little hot spot but no blood or blister. When I held the gun cup and saucer no more hot spot. Over-all I like it and think it's a keeper. I did call the 800 number for the owners manual, and to register the gun in the lifetime warranty program and order 2 more magazines.No problem shipping the 15 round magazines to Oregon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top