JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up an Armscor Rock Island M200 38 Special revolver from BiMart for $210.
Bought two boxes of 38 Special ammo while I was at it, Ammo Inc 158gr TMC, and Federal 158gr LRN.
The gun is 4" barrel, phosphated finish, 6 rounds, double action.
It comes in a cardboard box with a velcro padded case, cable lock, manual and test fire brass. The gun is pretty heavy with oil that will need to be wiped off.

Single action, the trigger pull is ~3#.
Double, when done smoothly over 2 seconds, ~5# (what I call a fast pull)
I like to do an extremely slow squeeze of the trigger to assess the break point and feel the mechanism. I couldn't really feel lit that well, and the mechanism would sometimes 'stick' and would need ~30# to complete the pull. I mean, a really forking hard squeeze. Doing a smooth, fast pull consistently fired at ~5# of pressure.

After doing my trigger tests and figuring out the sights, here's a grouping of 18 rounds of the Ammo Inc 158gr TMC at 20' (inside the green blob).
Isosceles two handed shooting: six were single action left hand left eye, six were single action right handed right eye, and six were right handed right eyed double action.
The sight picture was the bottom of the diamond resting on top of the front sight.

On the ammunition, the federal was very smoky but accurate. The Ammo Inc had more oomph that you could feel in the recoil and was not smoky.

All in all, I'm happy with the purchase, what I would call "a good truck gun."

1708373539467.png

I have 1 I let students use. Never had any complaints or issues. Only problem is finding decent holsters. It's just different enough from the S&Ws to make fit for a kydex holster a problem.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top