JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'd like to thank whoever posted the link for the Springfield Armory SA 35 for $699 and free shipping a few days ago. Mine arrived today and it is much nicer than I thought it might be. It's slick, the trigger is nice and I can't find a tool mark on it. I saw the post about these right after the link was posted here. It was my lucky day. FWIW, the gun came from the 208 Gunshop in Idaho Falls and their customer service is outstanding. I hope it shoots as good as it looks.

. BHP.jpg bhp1.jpg bhp2.jpg bhp3.jpg bhp4.jpg

What's not to like! Kudos to Springfield! And reliable 15 rounders are a good thing.
Although, if need be BHP Spring Solutions claims to have the 20-30 parts to "fix" it. Ha! What other than pure marketing on their part?

OK, maybe an extended slide stop away from perfection. About $25 on eBay.

IMG_3256.JPG

Last Edited:
Thanks for posting. I'm interested in one, too.

I just got some complete lowers I bought through 208gunshop and it was very easy and they were very nice. I'm very interested in one of these SA-35's so will keep an eye out for when they get more.

Also, for the 1911 fans, SA released a new model late last year, the Garrison. It's sweet; I handled one at Castle Guard in Chehalis recently (great little shop). Very, very well built gun. 208 has them at a good price, too right now ($750 delivered I think). It's a lot of gun for the money. It is set up nearly perfectly (kinda like a Colt Combat Elite) for carry and range use. I'd like to put one of each of these guns into the safe this year, but I just found out my dog needs dental surgery and -well - ouch!

Anyone know a vet who will pull a tooth affordably, or take a Ruger Blackhawk in trade? ;)

Carry on!

Immediately after ordering this Hi-Power, I called a good friend and he ordered one too. His came a day later and I had told him how happy I was with mine. After he got his he echoed my sentiments and said, " Can you imagine if SA made all those plastic guns of steel?"

Congratulations, those look nice. I have them on backorder. Going on 4 months now. I wonder what distributor 208 gunshop uses. Not super happy w/ Zanders. Can't get anything out of them.

**Just talked to my distributor and they have 3600 backorders for the SA-35 to be divvied up among 30 sales people. She was vague about who gets what first. But I know this: it's not "first come first served". Anyway, they have received zero SA-35 pistols so far this year. She also said the likelihood of me getting my orders filled this year is not good..

So basically.. if you can find an SA-35 at good enough price, buy it. If the mag bans pass you'll be SOL next year.

Last Edited:
Congratulations, those look nice. I have them on backorder. Going on 4 months now. I wonder what distributor 208 gunshop uses. Not super happy w/ Zanders. Can't get anything out of them.

**Just talked to my distributor and they have 3600 backorders for the SA-35 to be divvied up among 30 sales people. She was vague about who gets what first. But I know this: it's not "first come first served". Anyway, they have received zero SA-35 pistols so far this year. She also said the likelihood of me getting my orders filled this year is not good..

So basically.. if you can find an SA-35 at good enough price, buy it. If the mag bans pass you'll be SOL next year.
I have been surprised how well these are selling. I had thought by now the pipeline would start to fill but looks like no. Only a few at a time showing up for sale and price is still normally at $12-1500. If anyone is wanting one and does not want to pay that price the thing to do is buy some mags now. With the hope that when the mag bans pass here they will grandfather. The bans are going to pass here, too many gun owners support it. So it would be some risk of hoping the mags will be allowed after the ban. Even if these states up here do not grandfather the buyer should have no trouble selling the mags that had not been used. So bottom line if anyone thinks they want one of these grab some mags now.

I have been surprised how well these are selling. I had thought by now the pipeline would start to fill but looks like no. Only a few at a time showing up for sale and price is still normally at $12-1500. If anyone is wanting one and does not want to pay that price the thing to do is buy some mags now. With the hope that when the mag bans pass here they will grandfather. The bans are going to pass here, too many gun owners support it. So it would be some risk of hoping the mags will be allowed after the ban. Even if these states up here do not grandfather the buyer should have no trouble selling the mags that had not been used. So bottom line if anyone thinks they want one of these grab some mags now.
already-did-it.jpg

Finally got my SA-35 HP yesterday, fit and finish is very nice. Fits in my hand as comfortable as a CZ. Trigger breaks right around 4lbs, nice short reset. Taking it out to the ARPC this weekend for my usual tests and drills. Very excited.

Many thanks to Austin & crew at Ticklicker Firearms in Salem. I put my name on a lot of wait lists last year and Austin is the only guy who actually called me. I don't buy as many guns as I used to but those guys are the absolute best.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews