JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yup, just need to borrow one if someone is fairy close to NE potland has one they'd let me use. I've only got 35 rounds to pull. Just trying not to be forced to buy one, or use the kinetic puller.

Mike, I have a Hornady cam-lok puller with a .35 collet. You're welcome to borrow it.
I appreciate that, really! Rethinking, it sounds kinda dumb to go through all that for 35 rounds.
The reason I'm doing this is not because of a dangerous mistake. The powder charge is correct. It's just that the charge is really up there and kicks like a mule and is loud as hell, even in the 16" Winchester lever gun. (pushing 2,000fps.) And really smacked my hand shooting in a 6" revolver. I feel kind of dumb loading from only one source, rather than looking at others. I could have loaded well under 20 grs of H110. I'm NOT hunting with the GD thing for hell's sake!

Yup, just need to borrow one if someone is fairy close to NE potland has one they'd let me use. I've only got 35 rounds to pull. Just trying not to be forced to buy one, or use the kinetic puller.
If @P7M13 and you can't meet up I think I have one you could use. How close is "fairy" close to Potland though?

I appreciate that, really! Rethinking, it sounds kinda dumb to go through all that for 35 rounds.
The reason I'm doing this is not because of a dangerous mistake. The powder charge is correct. It's just that the charge is really up there and kicks like a mule and is loud as hell, even in the 16" Winchester lever gun. (pushing 2,000fps.) And really smacked my hand shooting in a 6" revolver. I feel kind of dumb loading from only one source, rather than looking at others. I could have loaded well under 20 grs of H110. I'm NOT hunting with the GD thing for hell's sake!
Use the puthy pad!!
:D

Really - between us, we'll spend close to a box of bullets in gas.

OK, this is ghetto.
Take a Channellock plier or ViseGrip and tape up the jaws with electrical tape.
Run the cartridge up into the die void, grab the bullet and then lower the ram.
A Hornady L-N-L bushing installed would be a plus to protect the press threads.

OK, this is ghetto.
I only laughed because I've done that too.

Use the puthy pad!!
:D

Really - between us, we'll spend close to a box of bullets in gas.
It's NOT because of recoil in the rifle. LOL As loud as they are coupled with the recoil in the revolver, there's just no need to be running those guns to those limits.
And I DO use that puthy pad when I'm going through a couple boxes in The Garand.

OK, this is ghetto.
That is ghetto. Butt-hey, I've done such things too. These rounds are too pretty to risk marring up anything. I just went at 'em with the kinetic puller. I'll re-flare them and drop the charge down to, maybe, 14grains of H-110.

It's NOT because of recoil in the rifle. LOL As loud as they are coupled with the recoil in the revolver, there's just no need to be running those guns to those limits.
And I DO use that puthy pad when I'm going through a couple boxes in The Garand.

That is ghetto. Butt-hey, I've done such things too. These rounds are too pretty to risk marring up anything. I just went at 'em with the kinetic puller. I'll re-flare them and drop the charge down to, maybe, 14grains of H-110.
H110 is one powder where you can't just drop below published data.. it behaves erratically if reduced beyond a certain point.

H110 is one powder where you can't just drop below published data.
Ditto this. Just like WW 296 these powders have a narrow range of weight and it cannot be lower than the lowest charge shown in the data.

20 grains seems like a lot - even if it is the published data. I used to load 16 grains of 296 in .357 and they shot well in my Winchester trapper however they did not have excessive recoil or muzzle blast. They also shot well in my Henry however I have a can of 296 collecting dust as I don't need to load anywhere near those velocities and load only 'moderate' loads of 7 grains of Unique to shoot them both in my S & W Mod 66 and Henry.

Last Edited:
I have one for you. Convo me.
I've got this problem solved Jim. The kinetic puller comes to the recue again!
Thank you anyway.
H110 is one powder where you can't just drop below published data.. it behaves erratically if reduced beyond a certain point.
THIS I am aware of and understand. Seemed kind of weird to me. There's published data with this powder using from 13 grains to 22 grains. With compression above 20. That's quite a spread.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews