JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like my S&W Sport 15 very much! I've ran 250rnds through I with no hiccups at all!
I got it at Cabelas and with the sale price, veteran discount and a special coupon I got it for $485. The only thing I've added to it are a MagPul single point sling attachment and an ErgoGrip. Something I add to all my AR's!
I hope you continue to enjoy your new S&W! :D

I bought the S&W for the price, features, brand name and life time warranty.

Keep in mind that after your purchase you will have to modify the rifle because they come with the cheapest stock and foregrip. You will spend an additional $100 - $300 depending on your choice of optics, stock, foregrip, handgrip, magazines, etc...

after spending an additional $300:
What type of optic is that?

I like the stock on mine but I want to upgrade to a foregrip with rails on it.

What type of optic is that?

I like the stock on mine but I want to upgrade to a foregrip with rails on it.

What are you planning to attach to the rails? Rails on their own are extra weight and uncomfortable if you are thinking about a quad. Consider something you can attach rail sections to that also fits your hand well. Personally I really like my hum drum MOE hand guard and it has plenty of attachment points for rails and other accessories.

What are you planning to attach to the rails? Rails on their own are extra weight and uncomfortable if you are thinking about a quad. Consider something you can attach rail sections to that also fits your hand well. Personally I really like my hum drum MOE hand guard and it has plenty of attachment points for rails and other accessories.
How would I attach a rail to the round handguard on mine? I only want one on the bottom, to attach a bipod to. This is my first AR so apologies if my question is a dumb one.

Hell, Ruger would have taken care of you as long as you owned the rifle as well. I bought the AR 5.56 and I'm glad that I did. I don't need to add any gimcracks, or gewgaws. The AR is meant to be a "battle carbine" (much as is the M1 Carbine). I prefer the .30 Carbine for CQB, but I enjoy the AR as well.

I hope you're happy with your purchase.

How would I attach a rail to the round handguard on mine? I only want one on the bottom, to attach a bipod to. This is my first AR so apologies if my question is a dumb one.

I have a magpul fde drop in handguard you can have. If you want it, let me know where you want it sent.

@soberups That MagPul handguard that @ORYGUNHolsterCompany is offering you is the MOE I was talking about. It uses M-LOK compatible attachments - a picture of one on that handguard is below:

IWC-Bipod-Mount-V2-1.jpg

What does MOE stand for? Or is it a brand name?

MagPul Original Equipment. The M-Lok attachment system is one of the two most popular and in addition to MagPul accessories there are several third party attachments.

You might want to consider a small rail section so you could switch between bipod and verticle grips. M-LOK by itself is not a QD system, but there is even a clever (but expensive) toolless quick detach system out there for M-LOK. I use a picatinny cam lock bipod mount from GG&G that I keep on my bipod so I can put it on and take it off in a second.

There are a ton of M-LOK accessories out there: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=mlok+

The MagPul MOE handguards are to me very comfortable, versatile, and solid - a real upgrade to the standard round one. They (and others) make some excellent pistol grips and butt stocks as well.

My favorite grip is the MagPul MIAD, which seems expensive, but you can fully adjust it to fit and it includes a lube bottle core, so it's the same total price as a non adjustable grip and accessory bottle core.

My favorite butt stock is the MFT Minimalist (I'm not a total MagPul fanboy). Here is a picture of my Ruger with that stock, the MIAD grip, and MOE handguard:
upload_2016-8-9_15-52-0-jpeg.306563.jpg

There are a lot of great ways to outfit an AR, the only real mistake is to put too much stuff on it. The truth is that what comes from the factory is just fine as well.

Any decent gun store will let you handle parts before you buy. Curt's in Gladstone is primarily an AR store and worth the trip from Newberg as they are friendly, knowledgeable, laid back, well stocked and have prices comparable to the Internet. See something behind the counter you want to look at, just ask, and they might already have a rifle on the wall with that part already on it you can handle.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads