JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why the hatred w/ S&W collectors. I have four and have never had an issue.
327PC, 442 (carry gun), 27 & 25. Love to shoot my "N" frames, not so much w/ the AirLite 442 w/ .38 +Ps......ouch. You would have to really dig pain to shoot a Scandium frame .357 Mag "J" frame w/ short boot grips.

Last Edited:
I just ignore the locks. I hate barrel warnings a lot more. They make it look like the gun is for idiots. But then I go into a flaming rant any time I look up at the visor in my car to see the yellow warning. I've been known to paint it over.

I've had my 66-8 for a year now and zero issues with the lock. Like Paul I just ignore it. The disclaimer is that I only use it for a range gun. If the lock did accidentally engaged, I'd be mad and get the key out and fix it (I keep a key in my range bag for this possibility). If this was my self defense gun, I'd be dead.

I've had several over the years with nary a problem. Wouldn't hesitate to carry one as I believe the risk of unintentional lock engagement is minute, probably less than the risk of a glitch with a semi auto. Completely eliminating risk is nearly impossible anyway. Just my opinion, YMMV.

I agree with it being a fix for something that is not a problem. I have never had a reason to lock a revolver. Or have a safety on one. I have heard issues of them locking up but never experienced it. My woods carry is a 629 mt gun with lock.

As for why collectors dont like them. There is a world of difference in a 4 screw smith and wesson in operation vs one with a lock. Old school craftsmanship is awesome.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews