JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why the hatred w/ S&W collectors. I have four and have never had an issue.
327PC, 442 (carry gun), 27 & 25. Love to shoot my "N" frames, not so much w/ the AirLite 442 w/ .38 +Ps......ouch. You would have to really dig pain to shoot a Scandium frame .357 Mag "J" frame w/ short boot grips.

Last Edited:
I just ignore the locks. I hate barrel warnings a lot more. They make it look like the gun is for idiots. But then I go into a flaming rant any time I look up at the visor in my car to see the yellow warning. I've been known to paint it over.

I've had my 66-8 for a year now and zero issues with the lock. Like Paul I just ignore it. The disclaimer is that I only use it for a range gun. If the lock did accidentally engaged, I'd be mad and get the key out and fix it (I keep a key in my range bag for this possibility). If this was my self defense gun, I'd be dead.

I've had several over the years with nary a problem. Wouldn't hesitate to carry one as I believe the risk of unintentional lock engagement is minute, probably less than the risk of a glitch with a semi auto. Completely eliminating risk is nearly impossible anyway. Just my opinion, YMMV.

I agree with it being a fix for something that is not a problem. I have never had a reason to lock a revolver. Or have a safety on one. I have heard issues of them locking up but never experienced it. My woods carry is a 629 mt gun with lock.

As for why collectors dont like them. There is a world of difference in a 4 screw smith and wesson in operation vs one with a lock. Old school craftsmanship is awesome.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top