JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I have been on something of a revolver kick this year. And I recently acquired a S&W Model 29, which is the first Smith I've ever owned.

I am curious to read about revolvers produced by S&W over the decades. I'm mainly interested in those post-1900 production and just wheelguns.

Can anyone recommend a reading list on the topic? Thanks. :)

The Supica/Nahas Catalogs are considered 'the' reference. Not sure where the edition # is now, mine is '3rd edition' 2006. Any time I want to know something about S&W possibly of dispute in a discussion, that's the first place I go.

Plus its interesting, has ample photos illustrating those very points.
Treat yerself, start there.

The Supica/Nahas Catalogs are considered 'the' reference. Not sure where the edition # is now, mine is '3rd edition' 2006. Any time I want to know something about S&W possibly of dispute in a discussion, that's the first place I go.

Plus its interesting, has ample photos illustrating those very points.
Treat yerself, start there.

The 4th came out Nov 2016, link above. This is THE S&W book.

So I have been on something of a revolver kick this year. And I recently acquired a S&W Model 29, which is the first Smith I've ever owned.

I am curious to read about revolvers produced by S&W over the decades. I'm mainly interested in those post-1900 production and just wheelguns.

Can anyone recommend a reading list on the topic? Thanks. :)
Lol watch the dirty Harry movies if you want to know about the model 29 when they started filming the first one he used a different one 357 but by the time it came out he had the 29 44mag lol Clint Eastwood has one of the first ones they used two for the movie S&W gave one to him after it was done .
As far as I know he still has it .
When he dies and that gun hits the auction block $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I'm guessing

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews