JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I have been on something of a revolver kick this year. And I recently acquired a S&W Model 29, which is the first Smith I've ever owned.

I am curious to read about revolvers produced by S&W over the decades. I'm mainly interested in those post-1900 production and just wheelguns.

Can anyone recommend a reading list on the topic? Thanks. :)

The Supica/Nahas Catalogs are considered 'the' reference. Not sure where the edition # is now, mine is '3rd edition' 2006. Any time I want to know something about S&W possibly of dispute in a discussion, that's the first place I go.

Plus its interesting, has ample photos illustrating those very points.
Treat yerself, start there.

The Supica/Nahas Catalogs are considered 'the' reference. Not sure where the edition # is now, mine is '3rd edition' 2006. Any time I want to know something about S&W possibly of dispute in a discussion, that's the first place I go.

Plus its interesting, has ample photos illustrating those very points.
Treat yerself, start there.

The 4th came out Nov 2016, link above. This is THE S&W book.

So I have been on something of a revolver kick this year. And I recently acquired a S&W Model 29, which is the first Smith I've ever owned.

I am curious to read about revolvers produced by S&W over the decades. I'm mainly interested in those post-1900 production and just wheelguns.

Can anyone recommend a reading list on the topic? Thanks. :)
Lol watch the dirty Harry movies if you want to know about the model 29 when they started filming the first one he used a different one 357 but by the time it came out he had the 29 44mag lol Clint Eastwood has one of the first ones they used two for the movie S&W gave one to him after it was done .
As far as I know he still has it .
When he dies and that gun hits the auction block $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I'm guessing

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews