JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1706396415973.png

Nope. She can too.

The way I heard it, was that, if your S&W K frame has the stamped model number in the frame (stamped in the yoke area).....she's GTG. Now, does that also to apply to their J frames too? Probably.

Shooting loose? OK, I guess it could/might also happen.

Anyway, I've heard the alternative theory or FACT, whatever. That the original .38 special loads were actually more "powerful" vs today's +P .38 specials.

1706396947024.png

Whatever. I just use +P loads on "special occasions." My regular .38 special (reloads) are "fun enough" for me.

Aloha, Mark

I doubt +P ammo will cause excessive wear on a full size all steel handgun, not like an alloy J frame. The only gun I have had that was shot loose was a .357 shooting a steady diet of top end mag loads. And it did not shoot loose it had flame cutting of the upper frame and the forcing cone cracked.
There is a huge pressure difference between 38 spl +P and a top end .357 mag load. DR

Would it be okay to shoot +P ammo....Sure.
However....
The revolver was made for target / match ammo in mind.
If it was my revolver I would stick with the loadings it was designed / intended for ...
And not to what it could be used for.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews