JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1706396415973.png

Nope. She can too.

The way I heard it, was that, if your S&W K frame has the stamped model number in the frame (stamped in the yoke area).....she's GTG. Now, does that also to apply to their J frames too? Probably.

Shooting loose? OK, I guess it could/might also happen.

Anyway, I've heard the alternative theory or FACT, whatever. That the original .38 special loads were actually more "powerful" vs today's +P .38 specials.

1706396947024.png

Whatever. I just use +P loads on "special occasions." My regular .38 special (reloads) are "fun enough" for me.

Aloha, Mark

I doubt +P ammo will cause excessive wear on a full size all steel handgun, not like an alloy J frame. The only gun I have had that was shot loose was a .357 shooting a steady diet of top end mag loads. And it did not shoot loose it had flame cutting of the upper frame and the forcing cone cracked.
There is a huge pressure difference between 38 spl +P and a top end .357 mag load. DR

Would it be okay to shoot +P ammo....Sure.
However....
The revolver was made for target / match ammo in mind.
If it was my revolver I would stick with the loadings it was designed / intended for ...
And not to what it could be used for.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top