JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
55 Yrs ago we had the XM551LAARAV SHERIDAN w/ a 152MM Gun tube firing a SHELELEIGHLY MISSILE & a Conventional Round w/ a Combustible Shell Casing.

$487,000 in 1967 buckos fully loaded ready to R&R.

Needless to say it was Ahead of it's time..

1644974963752.png

Last Edited:
But, & even though it was a Secret at the time when Popular Science spilled all the beans*,
This was a Titanium Alloy...
IIRC a Commie 50 Cal would go thru the side...

But they were still Kool.... :)

It was so secret that we had to have Combination Locks on the Hatches & ARMED [w/ real bulletos] Guards present in
the Motor Pool at Ft Knox in 67.. :) :rolleyes: ;)
& Yes, Popular Science had the tell all scoop in an article back then.. th_ohgeez-1.gif

But, & even though it was a Secret at the time when Popular Science spilled all the beans*,
This was a Titanium Alloy...
IIRC a Commie 50 51 Cal would go thru the side...

But they were still Kool.... :)

It was so secret that we had to have Combination Locks on the Hatches & ARMED [w/ real bulletos] Guards present in
the Motor Pool at Ft Knox in 67.. :) :rolleyes: ;)
& Yes, Popular Science had the tell all scoop in an article back then..View attachment 1132998

You're s'posed to add "Fixed it for ya" or "FIFY" when you do that... so's we know what to look for... ;)

Sorry.
I just want to know what I'm getting shot at with.
And I know they don't have 50's except for what we left the Taliban.

:)
AGREED, & from my POV a Commie fity IS a 51...
But why confuse the world an more than necessary...

We has a Fakester w/ Mush fer brains Usurping the High Office of POTUS..

Why ain't he been executed fer HIGH TREASON RE: Afghan/ China/ IRAN connect the dots!!!

Sorry.

You're Right.. .

& it will still take a guy's leg off hanging outside of a Huey....

Last Edited:
12.7x99 Browning, versus 12.7x108 Russian. Both are .50 calibers :rolleyes: then again, we do have the silliness of 7.62x51 vs 7.62x39 where the ".30 cal" bullets are quite different (.308 vs .311) :rolleyes:

The A-10 armor tub is proof against the quad 23x152B autocannons of the ZSU Shilka(sp?) .

In '69 they were working on what got dubbed an XMB-1 IIRC.

What I recall is that it had a capability of Hydraulically lowering to a Hull Defilade Position,
& had a Laser Aimer thingy that allowed the Gunner to zero in on the Target while going full speed in whatever direction &
lock in on the target,
fire,
& Blammo.. Done deal..

But then I dropped out....

Now we have Ray guns...:p

In '69 they were working on what got dubbed an XMB-1 IIRC.

What I recall is that it had a capability of Hydraulically lowering to a Hull Defilade Position,
& had a Laser Aimer thingy that allowed the Gunner to zero in on the Target while going full speed in whatever direction &
lock in on the target,
fire,
& Blammo.. Done deal..

But then I dropped out....

Now we have Ray guns...:p
The M1A1s, M1A2, M60A3Esomething? And Leopard, Challenger 2, and so on all have gyrostabilized, advanced optics and ability to fire their cannons on the move.. I think a couple.of these had the barrel straightness measuring things with lasers, for the computers to calculate exact trajectories...

The M1A1s, M1A2, M60A3Esomething? And Leopard, Challenger 2, and so on all have gyrostabilized, advanced optics and ability to fire their cannons on the move.. I think a couple.of these had the barrel straightness measuring things with lasers, for the computers to calculate exact trajectories...
All of these give me a real Touchy Fealey Twingy thingy in my Inner Core...... :) :) :rolleyes: 1645047044641.png ;)

And some folks feel Empowered w/ a Taser.....

12.7x99 Browning, versus 12.7x108 Russian. Both are .50 calibers :rolleyes: then again, we do have the silliness of 7.62x51 vs 7.62x39 where the ".30 cal" bullets are quite different (.308 vs .311) :rolleyes:

The A-10 armor tub is proof against the quad 23x152B autocannons of the ZSU Shilka(sp?) .
We have the .50
They have the .51
Send your complaint uphill.

:D

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show