JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not trying induce panic, however WOLF just announced that their orders "may" be delayed do to US involvement in inhibiting the flow of Russian product to the US. Russian ammo is currently plentiful, if you rely heavily on it to have your shooting pleasure it may be time to buy what you need.

Eagle

Trying to remember if I have 3,000 or 4,000 rds of 7.62 now. Guess I better order another 1,000 rds before the SHTF or imports are shut down.

On edit, I did order another 1,000 rds tonight. Glad I have the SIG556R to shoot them with.

I now have more 7.62 than 22LR!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Last Edited:
Just another reason for me to build an ar15...dammit!!! I like my ak's...really im not to worried I think this will pass or some cool guy in the states will start producing it. .its to popular

What does Wolf (or any ammunition manufacturer) have to gain by using scare tactics to drum up business? Quite a lot.

Buy intelligently, people. We've been down this road 12 months ago. Scare tactics drummed up business after Sandy Hook and cases of 7.62x39 shot up by $100 per.

If you need some ammunition to shoot out of your rifle, buy some. If you're afraid 7.62x39 will become scarce and want to panic-buy a case, you're part of the problem.

I personally don't have an issue with people anticipating a shortage. I would have issue with companies creating an allusion of a shortage.
If you're buying anything in a reactionary manner, you're behind the curve. It's true for guns, ammo, gold, stocks, whatever. Someone is playing a game of chess and you're the pawn.

I have nothing but respect for people who stock up on a commodity when it's plentiful and inexpensive.

I first read about this on The Bang Switch, and so far it's entirely rumor-mongering:
However, Wolf received information this morning that their current shipments from Russia may be delayed, including those currently on the water headed to the U.S.

The flow of products out of Russia goes through Ukraine where it is loaded onto ships and sent west to ports in the U.S. Wolf does not currently know the status of those shipments. As of right now the government of Russia has not moved to stop shipments of firearms or ammo to the U.S. What's taking place at various ports along the path to the U.S. is another matter and why Wolf is now saying shipments of firearms and ammo "may be delayed".

As the situation develops I will keep you informed.
Translation: Wolf doesn't know if shipments are delayed, Russia has not stopped shipments of ammo out of the country, but they maybe might possibly be perhaps, so buy now!

If you're buying anything in a reactionary manner, you're behind the curve. It's true for guns, ammo, gold, stocks, whatever. Someone is playing a game of chess and you're the pawn.

I have nothing but respect for people who stock up on a commodity when it's plentiful and inexpensive.

I first read about this on The Bang Switch, and so far it's entirely rumor-mongering:

Translation: Wolf doesn't know if shipments are delayed, Russia has not stopped shipments of ammo out of the country, but they maybe might possibly be perhaps, so buy now!
wouldn't you say right now it's plentiful and inexpensive? I see it all over and for relatively cheap.

No need to freak out. We've imported cheap 7.62x39 from quite a few other countries other than Russia in the past. Some of the most recent cheap bulk shipments of 7.62x39 have come from Romania (Red Army Standard).

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews