1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. The lucky winners of the NWFA Fall Giveaway 2016 have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice

Ruger Security Six .357 - 6" Barrel - Blue... Value?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by mpperales, Oct 4, 2012.

1. mpperales

mpperales Happy Valley, Oregon Well-Known Member

Received this pistol from my Grandmother....it was my Grandfather's....he passed away on 9-29-12. He was 94...:noway:

The pistol is in MINT condition....I mean perfect. I have NO INTENTION of EVER selling this piece...and want to insure it....An idea on a value?

Any idea on the age? Serial is 161-80356. Wiki said Security Sixes were produced from 1971 - 1988...
  2. johnnydwoods

johnnydwoods Beaverton, OR New Member

Ruger's web-site shows that it was manufactured in 1986. Check out the link below:
    Ruger Security Six, Single Six, Service Six Serial Number History

I just picked up a 6 inch stainless steel model from 1982 at a pawn shop and paid $400. I haggled their price down a bit from $450. Mine was in excellent shape, but had been shot before. Being MINT, I am sure yours is worth several hundred more. Check on gunbroker.com as they sometimes have unfired Security Sixes for sale on there. Remember though, asking price is different than value or amount paid.

Congrats on the awesome gun, but sorry about your Grandpa.
  3. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Replacement, right now is around $600 for a new one.Not a lot of used ones out there that are 100%. People bought them to "use"