JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
is here!

image: http://www.gunstar.co.uk/img/adphotos/317/778317_ruger-precision-rifle-coming-soon-6-5-mm-creedmore-rifles_img_1438682198.jpg

778317_ruger-precision-rifle-coming-soon-6-5-mm-creedmore-rifles_img_1438682198.jpg
Ruger Precision Rifle (coming soon) 6. 5 mm Creedmore Rifles
Type Rifles Category Rifles
Make Ruger Model Precision Rifle ...
Mechanism Bolt Action Calibre 6.5 mm Creedmore
Purpose-built to distance itself from the typical long-range rifle. The Ruger Precision Rifle™ is a highly ...
View full details of this Ruger Precision Rifle (coming soon) 6.5 mm Creedmore Rifles
£ 1,400

Read more at http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Ruger/I/All-Guns-for-sale#quCgijJuqQkFerUq.99

That's $2170.00. :eek:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

tac

is here!

image: http://www.gunstar.co.uk/img/adphotos/317/778317_ruger-precision-rifle-coming-soon-6-5-mm-creedmore-rifles_img_1438682198.jpg

View attachment 260950
Ruger Precision Rifle (coming soon) 6. 5 mm Creedmore Rifles
Type Rifles Category Rifles
Make Ruger Model Precision Rifle ...
Mechanism Bolt Action Calibre 6.5 mm Creedmore
Purpose-built to distance itself from the typical long-range rifle. The Ruger Precision Rifle™ is a highly ...
View full details of this Ruger Precision Rifle (coming soon) 6.5 mm Creedmore Rifles
£ 1,400

Read more at http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Ruger/I/All-Guns-for-sale#quCgijJuqQkFerUq.99

That's $2170.00. :eek:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

tac

100% price increase for the UK market? What drives that price?
I ordered the 308 since I have several rifles with the same caliber.

Sooooooo did you order one yet?

I think Bolus has one on order. Sweet looking gun.

I guess you're not going to like to hear this, but right now, and for the last ten years or so, I've only been able to buy a new rifle by selling an old one. Y'see back then, the new Chief Constable [think county sherriff] was a lady who had the avowed intention of ridding one of the UK's most gun-populated counties of all the guns she could, not by actually putting a cap on it, as that would not be legal - there is nothing in firearms law that actually states how many guns you may or may not have - but by putting obstacles in the way of a prospective gun-owner that would tend to be self-limiting from the sheer expense of it.

In her case, she introduced - on 'public safety' grounds - that those of us who wanted more than sixteen Section 1 [rifled] firearms would have to install full FFL-level security into their home - police or security company monitored alarms 24/7/365 and steel doors, barred windows and so on. Since I already HAD seventeen such firearms, I got let off from all this, as she could not make a retrospective condition without having to get the law all over the UK.

Next county west of me there is no such geas and you can have as many guns as you can afford.

So, yes, I'd like one in 6.5CM, but it just ain't going to happen.

tac

Speaking of crazy prices. Why do AICS 10 round mags, which fit in the ruger, run $100 each? Is it the same reason why a spark plug in a Ferrari costs a thousand dollars just because it is a Ferrari?

Perhaps if it loaded itself and could float next to me when I was walking I'd pay $100 for a mag when a DPMS one is $20 and a magpul on is $13.

I guess you're not going to like to hear this, but right now, and for the last ten years or so, I've only been able to buy a new rifle by selling an old one. Y'see back then, the new Chief Constable [think county sherriff] was a lady who had the avowed intention of ridding one of the UK's most gun-populated counties of all the guns she could, not by actually putting a cap on it, as that would not be legal - there is nothing in firearms law that actually states how many guns you may or may not have - but by putting obstacles in the way of a prospective gun-owner that would tend to be self-limiting from the sheer expense of it.

In her case, she introduced - on 'public safety' grounds - that those of us who wanted more than sixteen Section 1 [rifled] firearms would have to install full FFL-level security into their home - police or security company monitored alarms 24/7/365 and steel doors, barred windows and so on. Since I already HAD seventeen such firearms, I got let off from all this, as she could not make a retrospective condition without having to get the law all over the UK.

Next county west of me there is no such geas and you can have as many guns as you can afford.

So, yes, I'd like one in 6.5CM, but it just ain't going to happen.

tac

Damn. Moving, I take it, is not an option? Damn shame you can't get US residency. We need more educated, competent folks on our side here.

I seriously doubt its worth that much more then a Savage Model 12 which can be had for less then a Grand and will shoot as well as any factory built rifle. Look at the Model 12's success in F class etc.

I seriously doubt its worth that much more then a Savage Model 12 which can be had for less then a Grand and will shoot as well as any factory built rifle. Look at the Model 12's success in F class etc.
Money and sense Mark. Some people have more of one, some have more of the other. They don't often coincide.

Money and sense Mark. Some people have more of one, some have more of the other. They don't often coincide.

you mean common sense? :D

The Ruger will take any mil-spec AR15 stock, pistol grip, safety selector, and fore end. The barrel can be swapped out with AR 15 tools and it will take several types of 308 mags that either side or rear lock.

Both have their individual appeal but I dont necessarily think the Savage and the Ruger are the same rifle where the Ruger just costs more.

I found out they wont take just any hanguards. The ones with dedicated barrel nuts will not work.
The nut to tighten the barrel also sets the headspace.

IMG_0191_zpsg3es0s45.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads