JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Always late to a party. That's me. Why oh why am I just "discovering" this ammo.? .45acp 118gr at 1357fps!!! Never shot a super sonic 1911 before. Might be worth buying a box just to be able to tell the young kiddies about it. Anyone actually used this ammo yet? If so, what ya think?

Ran a bunch thru a few carry guns (.380 & 9mm) to confirm functionality. Functions perfectly fine, but didn't chrono any of them.

But seemed less snappy in the LC9S's, which can be a little bit of a challenge esp in smaller hands.

Thanks for the reminder, going to have to try some in our current carries next time out. Still have a few boxes of those in 9mm.

Currently using a mix of FMJ & Critical defense HP in those carries (function checked).

Good at everything except barrier penetration. However, you cannot push the copper/polymer projectile too fast or it will brake up before impact. I am looking at you 40S&W. Safe to shoot steel up close with.

Point of Impact is lower with this lighter bullet so be sure to practice with it and adjust.

I replaced my 80 grain 9mm ARX ammo with Leigh Defense 90 grain Extreme Defense loaded to +p by Underwood.

Good at everything except barrier penetration. However, you cannot push the copper/polymer projectile too fast or it will brake up before impact. I am looking at you 40S&W. Safe to shoot steel up close with.

Point of Impact is lower with this lighter bullet so be sure to practice with it and adjust.

I replaced my 80 grain 9mm ARX ammo with Leigh Defense 90 grain Extreme Defense loaded to +p by Underwood.

Ahh I remember that thread now! I was all like "be careful about that one going thru cars and then buildings & such", and you pointed out I was thinking on there other projectile, the extreme penetrator.

Thanks for the reminder. We'll have to re-visit thinking on that one.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews