JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As soon as I dropped of the ATF paperwork for my supressors, I started day dreaming about what I was going to do when they finally made parole and I could start enjoying them for, as I listed on my paperwork: "all legal purposes".
Of course the Hybrid sparked many an idea, but the Spector2 I was actually more excited about for one particular gun, and thanks to Wally down at Gators Custom Guns.... D2C34D4E-8536-48AA-96DA-4F756A3D624C.jpeg E2062905-0E94-4EB2-B4BB-EFC14EE4528A.jpeg 50D19CA8-6185-46A0-9A65-859366846364.jpeg 23B1F201-CD11-4072-93F2-C5DE79895891.jpeg 35217C93-4DEC-499E-A254-5D56ADA862C6.jpeg
You know a gunsmith finds a project interesting when even though he's backed up for months on projects, he has your barrel cut and chucked up in the lathe before you've even left the shop!
I cant reccomend Gators enough. It is the ultimate full service local Gun store.

Of course the idea is spawned from the Movie "Assassins"... D23C543C-07DA-4B98-9DB0-A16D1BE7A1E0.jpeg
I had my eye out for a decent MK2 that was a little beat up so I could get it cheap, and risk cutting it down short to make it a dedicated supressor host... A couple months ago a buddy of mine had this for sale... it was a bit rusty on one side, especially at the end of the barrel, making it a perfect candidate for my project.
I saw the one the guy on IV8888 on YouTube did, but I wanted to make mine a little more practical, so I had Wally leave 1.5" of Barrel. This way, there is enough Barrel to stabilize, and give me at least a little accuracy and reliability. It is very picky about ammo.. I've tried several subsonic rounds, and so far it only cycles CCI standard velocity reliably,which is just under subsonic at 1050fps.
I'll take it back to have it fitted with a front sight, and do something about the rust spots eventually...it will look something like this one that I found on the net.
D7680B79-D185-448A-8BAF-F5FF4B8F47E1.jpeg
:s0094:

Interesting about the reliability issue with ammo. My 22/45 cycles fine suppressed with subsonics.
With such a short barrel we expected issues. It's a range toy.

Some ammo cycled fine, others didnt at all... I've only tried CCI Quiet and SV, Aguilla Subs, and Winchester SuperX subs.. Wally ran some Remington Subs that worked great, but CCI standard(a subsonic load even though not labeled as such), and Remington subsonic are the only 100% reliable so far... It likes it as fast as possible. I've only had it for an evening and ran about 100rds, so just learning it's quirks, which were expected from a novelty.

Last Edited:
With such a short barrel we expected issues. It's a range toy.

Some ammo cycled fine, others didnt at all... I've only tried CCI Quiet and SV, Aguilla Subs, and Winchester SuperX subs.. Wally ran some Remington Subs that worked great, but CCI standard(a subsonic load even though not labeled as such), and Remington subsonic are the only 100% reliable so far... Ot likes it as fast as possible. I've only had it for an evening and ran about 100rds, so just learning it's quirks, which were expected from a novelty.
Okay...I was wondering if the bbl length might be the issue. Thanks for the confirmation.

As soon as I dropped of the ATF paperwork for my supressors, I started day dreaming about what I was going to do when they finally made parole and I could start enjoying them for, as I listed on my paperwork: "all legal purposes".
Of course the Hybrid sparked many an idea, but the Spector2 I was actually more excited about for one particular gun, and thanks to Wally down at Gators Custom Guns....View attachment 470977View attachment 470978View attachment 470979View attachment 470980View attachment 470981
You know a gunsmith finds a project interesting when even though he's backed up for months on projects, he has your barrel cut and chucked up in the lathe before you've even left the shop!
I cant reccomend Gators enough. It is the ultimate full service local Gun store.

Of course the idea is spawned from the Movie "Assassins"...View attachment 470982
I had my eye out for a decent MK2 that was a little beat up so I could get it cheap, and risk cutting it down short to make it a dedicated supressor host... A couple months ago a buddy of mine had this for sale... it was a bit rusty on one side, especially at the end of the barrel, making it a perfect candidate for my project.
I saw the one the guy on IV8888 on YouTube did, but I wanted to make mine a little more practical, so I had Wally leave 1.5" of Barrel. This way, there is enough Barrel to stabilize, and give me at least a little accuracy and reliability. It is very picky about ammo.. I've tried several subsonic rounds, and so far it only cycles CCI standard velocity reliably,which is just under subsonic at 1050fps.
I'll take it back to have it fitted with a front sight, and do something about the rust spots eventually...it will look something like this one that I found on the net.
View attachment 470984

Very nice looking set up!!

I love it.

I have an extra 22/45 I will be doing the too as well. Maybe not as short. I would still like to have the front sight on the barrel.

Of course the Hybrid sparked many an idea, but the Spector2 I was actually more excited about for one particular gun, and thanks to Wally down at Gators Custom Guns....

Of course the idea is spawned from the Movie "Assassins"...

What front sight did you use that mounts onto the tiny screw holes on the upper? I am trying to put a front sight on mine and everything I see is meant to be mounted to the front of the barrel with a larger screw.

I actually haven't put a front sight on it yet...
I'm thinking I'll just put a red dot on it.
In the movie it's mounted to the supressor...

I actually haven't put a front sight on it yet...
I'm thinking I'll just put a red dot on it.
In the movie it's mounted to the supressor...

yah I have two of these and one I have a rail on but the other one I am trying to just stick a front sight on the barrel where the rail screw holes are. The problem I am seeing is that all of the front sights use a larger screw hole since they are meant to go on the front of the barrel.

yah I have two of these and one I have a rail on but the other one I am trying to just stick a front sight on the barrel where the rail screw holes are. The problem I am seeing is that all of the front sights use a larger screw hole since they are meant to go on the front of the barrel.

Ive got one that I epoxied on 24 years ago. Still on.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top