Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

RUGER lcr

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by pokerace, Sep 28, 2015.

1. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

2. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Never heard of it.
    I would assume you reload.

3. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

WOW HOW EXCITING
    Psssss I think it's been out for a while:D

4. pokerace

could be but I just got an email.

mjbskwim likes this.
  5. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Saw that on their facebook today that that came out in that chambering and it is 6 rounds instead of 5. I would rather they chamber the lcrx 3" in the other calibers besides 38spl. Would be a lot lighter than the sp101 for carrying.

6. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yes they have had the 357 for a god while but the 327 Federal has been out about ten years as far as ammo goes. Ruger has a couple of Single Six's Stainless Steel seven shooters in 327 Federal available only thru Lipsey's. They have a regular SP 101 six shooter in .327 Federal and now the LCR. Freedom Arms (Not Freedom Munitions)is pretty high on 327 Federal and they have their own brass for the caliber

I would like the LCR and the Single Six since it is unlikely I can afford a Freedom Arms Model 97.

7. J&B Firearm Sales Inc.

J&B Firearm Sales Inc. 10201 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy, Beaverton Purveyor of all things that go boom. Silver Vendor

Just a heads up guys. I ordered a couple of these today. Should be in the shop by Thursday afternoon.

brentb636 and mjbskwim like this.
  8. mjbskwim

So did I see these before or is this a brand new gun?
    I swear they were around last year .Or was that in the magazine and they are right on schedule?

9. J&B Firearm Sales Inc.

J&B Firearm Sales Inc. 10201 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy, Beaverton Purveyor of all things that go boom. Silver Vendor

Brand new in the LCR. The 327 has been around in other models for several years.

10. pokerace

J&B your to late by 5 hours, I brought one on GB. Have you got a price yet? May need one for the wife.

11. J&B Firearm Sales Inc.

$499.

12. pokerace

that hurts a little bit.

13. mjbskwim

It was the single six? But the single action Ruger that I was thinking of
    The sp101

14. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

15. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

I just can't get excited over it. I've so many good cartridges ( 38 Super, 762X25) come and go. No orgasm here

soberups likes this.
  16. J&B Firearm Sales Inc.

The Single Six is only rimfire. The SP101 has had 327 for a while though. We've got the 327 LCR in the shop now. Feel free to come take a look at it.

17. mjbskwim

THey put out the 32H&R in a small framed single action about 14-14 years ago.Bird's head grips
    I was going to buy the consecutive serial numbered set.....at about 600 bucks,lol

18. mjbskwim

I would but it's a bit of a drive from here

19. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

Not a fan of the 327. Too hard to find ammo. The smaller/lighter bullet needs velocity to make up for its lack of weight, which would be fine in a large-framed handgun with a long barrel but kind of pointless in a snub-nosed carry piece. There are plenty of proven .38+P defense loads on the market, and the .38 snub revolver is pretty much a single-purpose firearm. I don't plink with mine, or use it for hunting or target practice or any other purpose for which the 327 might be arguably superior.

20. brentb636

brentb636 Holland, mi Active Member

I'm waiting for one in 3" barrel. At 3", it outguns the 38 special quite a bit in factory ammo. I intend to reload for it, which gives a lot more options. :) My lcrx-3 38 special is much more pleasant to shoot than the pocket lcr. Buffalo Bore stuff is even manageable .