Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ruger LCR

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Trick, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Trick

Trick St Helens Active Member

I noticed at the Scappoose Fred Meyer yesterday that they had the Ruger LCR on sale for $399. Seemed like a good deal. Couple left in the case that I could see.

2. Wenis

Wenis Tri-Cities, WA Member

When I was in the Spokane Valley yesterday, they were advertising them on a reader board for $389 as I drove past. Seems like the going rate

3. Trick

Trick St Helens Active Member

Good to know....I actually pondered picking up one of these, but there just seems to be something about them that seems off to me.

Seems like the cylinder had a little "harshness" cycling and a little slop in it.....maybe I'm being super critical though?

4. TAT2D

TAT2D Portland Member

I find it even more interesting that they elected to advertise this item on their reader-board. I can see including it in the sports section of the sales flyer or on a tag in the case when you get to the store -- to folks that are already looking for sports equip or a gun -- but out on the reader board where it's in everyone's face? Neat.

MrB

5. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

NONE of the local FM or Wal*Marts has guns anymore, in fact they even seem to be cutting down on gun rags. The FM's have NO ammo and Wal*Marts seem to have very little left and don't seem to be restocking. What little they do have is locked up behind the counter expect for shotgun shells.
    Safeway has no gun rags in their stores locally either.

Seems like here in Vancouver the shops all want around $439 for the LCR even on sale. I wanted one but bought the AK-74 instead.

6. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

No, you're not being overly critical. They do not feel overly well made. I guess after years of shooting S&W and all metal Rugers (sp101, gp100, Redhawks, etc.) the gun feels more like a squirt-gun than a real revolver. I think they just went a little to far to go from heavy tanks to lightweight carry revolver.

7. Iceberg

Iceberg Forest Grove Active Member

I bought mine for $285 at Bob' in Longview; great little pistol.

8. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

You got an LCR (.38 Special) for $285 or (more probably) a .380 LCP?

If you got the .38 Special LCR for that price I'll be going to Longview tomorrow!

9. Clarkston_cz

Clarkston_cz Clarkston, Washington Member

Do check one out.
    p7-14.jpg
    The smooth action is amazing.
    One turn of the cylinder and you will be hooked!

p7-13.jpg