JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw a pair of them 10 minutes ago... Hahahahaha!
Actually, good luck, Ruger outsold their annual allotment before the end of March.
Pistols particularly are scarce and wait times are very long right now.

GP-100, Eh gads... breath slowly, call the ER and have them commit you for 3 days or until you decide you really want a S&W 686.

Good luck in your search.

I would go out and buy a 686 right now if they did not put the stupid locks on them! I will admit it, I love the looks of the 686 much better and I am a huge S&W fan but the last thing I want is for that lock to lock the gun up when I am in a life or death situation, also I do like the toughness of the ruger cause if is going to be my camping/woods/atv gun

I would go out and buy a 686 right now if they did not put the stupid locks on them! I will admit it, I love the looks of the 686 much better and I am a huge S&W fan but the last thing I want is for that lock to lock the gun up when I am in a life or death situation, also I do like the toughness of the ruger cause if is going to be my camping/woods/atv gun

Before I bought my 686 + I was trying to decide between the Ruger GP100 and the S&W 686. Even though I've not had a single problem with the other lock-type S&Ws, like you I wasn't crazy about the idea of a lock on my gun. (you can remove the lock, by the way) That and I really wanted a round butt gun.
The external finish on the Smith and Wesson seemed to be a little nicer, but that Ruger is a darn fine handgun. I've owned Rugers for years and know that if I need to, I can use one as a hammer or a club!

I finally found the S&W I was looking for (7 shot, 4", pre-lock), but it cost me more than I could have bought a new stainless GP100 for.

$550! $425 used! I helped my wife's girl friend buy one of the little gats for around $250 at NW Armory last year. I guess I've really been living in the past!

I found a Brand new one at Santiam Buyers in Stayton and I bought it. It is the 4" 357 Magnum like I was looking for, now I just have to find a holster for it, an suggestions?

gun.jpg

go to ruger.com. they have a nice leather holster with the ruger logo on it. when I got mine it had a promo code for 20% off.

I was looking at that holster, It looks really nice, did you get it? My only concern with that holster is how it has the screws to adjust tension on the gun and it looks like when you put it in the holster the trigger guard rests on the screw and could cause a bad wear mark and scratch up the trigger guard. If you have the holster could you tell me if they put a rubber piece or somthing on the screw to protect the gun from this?

I have several Smiths with locks on them. I have never had the lock move by itself in any situation. Ever. And, I shoot often.
The locks come on their Performance Center and Pro Series guns. It is not a problem.

If you are that paranoid about the, "Issue," you can remove it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top