JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or bring back the Marlin Camp 9 and 45 rifle, in several more calibers. I suspect the 30 Carbine would have to be a locked breech system.

( We have enough military-look rifles available. How about some blue/walnut sporters? :) Henry heard that! )

Bruce

Last Edited:
Wouldn't it be nice if Ruger would produce a 10/22 style rifle in 30 carbine.? II'd buy one in a heartbeat!
with all the 9mm carbines now I doubt it would sell well enough to make it worth it. A few places have tried to make new M-1 Carbines but the problem was poor quality control. Its a pricey gun to make and make well. So what happened was too many got out the door that would not work well. VERY frustrating for people who paid good money for one when they got a problem. The GI versions sell for really hard to believe prices now due to so few left. Problem being if someone tooled up to make them and make them right, it would be pricey and soon sales would drop off.

I think there would be quite a market for one. A carbine that shoots Carbine ammo rather than a carbine that shoots pistol ammo. Two weeks ago I made 5,000 30 Carbine rounds with only 1500 ordered. Before I got them all made I had them all sold. One of my customers is a trainer and has a couple of students that like to train with their 30 carbines.

Marlin once made a lever action 30 Carbine. Looks like a 10/22 with a lever.

Bruce

I wouldn't think there's a ton of demand for anything in .30 carbine other than M1 carbine clones. Today it's basically a niche cartridge almost like 7.62x25.

Marlin once made a lever action 30 Carbine. Looks like a 10/22 with a lever.

Bruce
Whoopsies, forgot to serialize 4,000 of them. Oopsie doodle!

🤷‍♂️

Short memories around here
Had one for a good while that I wish I had kept but what people are asking for is a mag fed version. Not to mention that I am sure those originals that are still floating around bring a high price now days. Even back when they first stopped making them the price shot up. When I finally let someone talk me out of mine he paid a hell of a lot more to me than I had in it. So much I could not say no

I think there would be quite a market for one. A carbine that shoots Carbine ammo rather than a carbine that shoots pistol ammo. Two weeks ago I made 5,000 30 Carbine rounds with only 1500 ordered. Before I got them all made I had them all sold. One of my customers is a trainer and has a couple of students that like to train with their 30 carbines.
Don't know but the people who make them don't seem to think so since they would be the ones putting up the cash to tool up. A couple places have tried making clones of the Carbine and price was steep. Demand was there until too damn many got out the door with problems. It was what kept me from ever buying one even though I was sorely tempted many a time. The thought of dropping that kind of cash and then getting something that would not work kept me from the buy. Not an engineer so don't know if they could make them in a blow back version or not. If they could it would make the price of making one FAR cheaper. Again though the guys who are paid to know seem to so far not feel its worth the investment sadly.

I have always thought a pump in .30 carbine would be a fun gun to have. As the .30 carbine round is not a pointed bullet round a tube magazine of about 10 rds would work well.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews