JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ordered a .5x36 Osprey piston from Silencerco since I read that 9mm carbines/pistols use that thread and had been unsuccessful trying a .5x28.

The thing won't thread on there, won't even start. Been careful not to mess up the threads. :( Really want to play with my new Osprey 45 (use for 9mm/45acp)

I guess I could take it out to Tornado Tech and have a thread pro look it over.

Any tricks? I oiled it up and tried that also and it doesn't want to thread on there.

Different size piston options are nice, but at $80 a pop I'd like the damn things to work.

Received another .5x36 piston from Silencerco. Same, won't thread on. :( Dammit.

I have two .5x36 flash hiders that thread on there. Silencerco's machining tool doesn't make .5x36 correct threads? Don't know.

I would just give up and have Tornado thread it .5x28 but there isn't enough barrel left to do that.

All I'll say is if you want a suppressor company that will do everything for you except send you flowers to make you happy, buy a Liberty suppressor (Mystic here).

They not only set me up with a 5x36 for my Colt, they repainted my suppressor and replaced the core for free (slightly damaged).

I love Silencerco and AAC, but Liberty is a cut above. Like dealing with a friend down the street.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top