JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Carcano was the rifle allegedly used to kill JFK.

Indeed.

ident_John_F._Kennedy_-_NARA_-_305134_%28page_1%29.jpg

This company should stick to surplus ....surplus is hit n miss.
BUT WHO CAN FORGIVE THEM FOR THEIR GARBAGE AK RIFLES YEARS BACK.
I BLESS THEM FOR BRINGING IN THIS LAST BATCH....ETHIOPIA...NOT PRISTINE CONDITIONS BUT A PLETHORA...YES PLETHORA OF COM BLOC POST WAR YOU NAME...
You got another chance to grab history. RANT OVER

This company should stick to surplus ....surplus is hit n miss.
BUT WHO CAN FORGIVE THEM FOR THEIR GARBAGE AK RIFLES YEARS BACK.
I BLESS THEM FOR BRINGING IN THIS LAST BATCH....ETHIOPIA...NOT PRISTINE CONDITIONS BUT A PLETHORA...YES PLETHORA OF COM BLOC POST WAR YOU NAME...
You got another chance to grab history. RANT OVER
Hit and miss yes, but when a description says all the rifles will be shootable and function checked but yours is cracked in every structural stock area and corroded so badly that the receiver is no longer safe, that's not a miss. That's pure deception.

What I've read, and I believe it's stated on their web site, is that "Barrel Condition" is NOT considered in their grading. And I've read accounts from members on gunboards.com of that being true. A filthy, beat up rifle/stock with a beyond repair corroded rusty barrel is not worth the money.

Uli said, "We're always here for you guys." This is the first I've heard of Royal Tiger Imports, but I'm usually one of the last to get the word. Anywhere. I was just at the RTI website, which is kinda clunky. I'm wondering if their site is current as to availability.

Uli said, "We're always here for you guys." This is the first I've heard of Royal Tiger Imports, but I'm usually one of the last to get the word. Anywhere. I was just at the RTI website, which is kinda clunky. I'm wondering if their site is current as to availability.
Never ordered anything from them , but always enjoyed their ads in print ( shotgun news) . Some items seemed like deals, others you could almost certainly assume were garbage.
Imports are rarely a safe bet.

To my knowledge, the guy who started RTI is the same crook who owned I.O., which should tell you enough right there.
In post #28 above, in that video the Uli Wiegand says he and his brother set up Inter Ordnance. So if I.O. is Inter Ordnance, he's probably the one.

When you look at the various rifles that were used by the Ethiopians over time, it may be seen that they used stuff from a lot of different places.

Those old Austrian rifles, I've read those were war reparations from Austria to Italy after WW1. The Italian rifles, the cruddy ones from Ethiopia dated to the Italian occupation in WW2. The British were in the Horn of Africa in WW2, so I suppose that explains some of those. The M1 Rifles and Carbines, those were probably from MAP aid from the US. The Ethiopians bought rifles from Czech, Belgian and German manufacturers in different periods. I don't know the story about how the French guns got there. What a hodge-podge.

The thing about stuff that goes to Africa, it gets used hard and for long periods of time.

I've had my brief fill of Italian rifles when I was a teenager. I had one of the old, long Terni Mannlicher-Carcanos, well-used. It was a WW2 bring-back by a friend of my dad's. Around the same time, I had one of those things with the bayonet permanently attached to it, I think that one was 7.35mm. They were so-so rifles, but why mess around with them when there were Mausers around, that was my thinking at the time.

Read a lot about RTI on gunboards.com. There aren't generally many that contradict the bad stories I've read.

There is a place, be damned if I can remember it now :mad: that I get emails from when they have a bunch of old guns come up. You register with these guys beforehand, and when you get the email showing what they have you better jump on the good stuff quick. Never heard a complaint about 'em. Maybe someone else here gets their emails too?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top