JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FYI: Rohrbaugh Firearms is currently CLOSED pending a "sale" that is not being publicly disclosed. Any warranty, repairs, parts, purchases, or phone calls are not being addressed in any way. This has been going on since mid February.

I've been following this thread as I have a defective R9 that is basically an expensive paperweight at this point. The Rohrbaugh enthusiast seem to be confident the company will be resurrected shortly and business will continue as usual. Anyone considering a Rohrbaugh product might want to be form their own opinion, but withhold it form the Rohrbaugh Forum as it will not be well received. Unless you consider it reasonable business practices to shut down for a month with outstanding warranty claims.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=7305.0

Have had mine for about 8 yrs and no problems to date and can't foresee any, But I can make
whatever part it might ever need. I doubt they will be offline for long. I has functioned lawlesly. Most problems occur becuse someone is shooting plus p or some other heavy load. They were designed for std vel loads with about 115 to 125 gr round.

Have had mine for about 8 yrs and no problems to date and can't foresee any, But I can make
whatever part it might ever need. I doubt they will be offline for long. I has functioned lawlesly. Most problems occur becuse someone is shooting plus p or some other heavy load. They were designed for std vel loads with about 115 to 125 gr round.

Honestly if you research you'll find a lot of people had problems from the day they got a new one from the factory. Many people have had great luck like you and really like the product which is understandable as it's a cool design. Mine has NEVER seen any +P and I've tried 7 different loads in 115 -124 grain based on recommendations of the Rohrbaugh experts and the factory before they closed.

I've been told to try other loads or that I'm not man enough to hold it correctly.

I have an older R9 (not the R9S). It is a picky gun, although arguably not as picky as the Colt 380 Pocketlite it replaced. The only problem I have had is FTE. It happens occasionally with practice ammo. never had it happen with premium HP's, and I've shot enough to be comfortable. Also, the FTE's are all quickly cleared by racking the slide. I depend on it, and like the 9mm in the small package.

Pocket guns seem to be picky, but try enough different kinds of ammo. In the past Rohrbaugh would tune it for free to the ammo of your choice. I suspect they will get their crap together again after the sale settles down. I like what Freedom Group has done with Remington and Para. I actually looked at investing in Freedom Group, but you need big money.

Thanks. They are still MIA and it's been 60 days with no formal announcement of a sale from the buyer or seller. To me it looks more like "out of business", but people keep talking about when the new company will be taking over warranty work.

I'm not holding my breath on this one. Who would buy up a company and then not even answer the phones or make a PR announcement? Is that normal for gun company sales?

Yes it does seem odd. Our company just got bought out, and there was no interruption of any sort. The customers didn't know until we made the announcement. Over time, we will be rolling out small changes, but always with an eye to keeping customers.

So this is suspicious. On the other hand, all our facilities are still open, and they didn't try and consolidate right off the bat. Pineville, NC is where Para is made, so it sounds like NY is being closed and production will resume at Para. Probably a lot of people in NY losing their jobs, and a fair amount of work to integrate equipment and production into an already functioning plant. We've been working on it for 5 months now.

But, you don't buy a company just to shut it down, and if the brand continues to operate even from a different factory, all of the their legal liabilities get transferred in the sale.

ParaUSA bought Rohrbaugh? Well, that might explain some discontinuity. Last year, Para basically shut down its website for a few months just to build a new site. That seemed really cheesy to me. Any company that will shut down any major portion of their presence in the market for any length of time is suspect.

After that shutdown of their website, I've never even considered a Para product. And Rohrbaugh was bought by them? Goodbye Rohrbaugh.

But I'm a Kahr guy for my pocket-size guns, so good riddance.

There is NO official information or announcement. Just internet rumors.

Does anyone have proof or official evidence that they have even been purchased? Someone on the Rohrbaugh forum stated they are moving to Pineville, NC. The next guy comes along and states that they've sold to Para since that's where they are located.

For 2 months the voice-mail at the company just says something like "we're moving, don't leave us any additional messages or send us additional emails if you've already tried to contact us. We don't know when they move will be complete" Essentially they are just telling their customers to go away and leave them alone.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top