JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I'm getting showered with brass, I either shoot in spite of it, or step back and let them do their thing. To me, the occasional brass shower goes with the territory. By some of your accounts, these guys are over the top. I'm glad I shoot at a club that have such good members.

I have seen some people put up screens for their guns or their neighbors guns to handle the brass.

Not much you can do about the blast except buy your own acreage, and then your neighbors complain.

My neighbors don't complain. Every one of us out in the country are gun owners and gun users. I don't recall anyone asking about shots fired night or day. Out of State folks get the same message when they call about the guy next store shooting a gun nearby.

Something like, they have the right to shoot when ever they like and unless something bad happens like a bullet hitting the house get use to it.
Silver Hand

My one neighbor asked the neighbor on the other side of him (who has 50 to 100 acres) to please shoot his .50 BMG the other way as it was a bit too loud. The neighbor just ignored him.

That particular neighbor often makes quite a bit of noise, shooting, ATVs, motorcycles, etc., and doesn't care about his neighbors, even when a slight change could make a big difference. I hear them shooting after dark, during bad weather, all the time. I haven't heard them for some months though - maybe they ran out of ammo?

I don't shoot much on my acreage - there just isn't very much distance with a backstop, where I feel safe shooting. I have about 300 yards along one side of the property, but there are trees that block the line of sight, and there isn't a backstop.

Hmmm,

Our range has a no .50 bmg or derivatives policy as well. I was thinking they haven't said anything about 20mm. I wonder if they would be offended? You think maybe? A 20mm SBR with a muzzle break would be a hoot!

Just stirring the pot !

B.V.E.

Only time I have been asked to leave a range was a couple times at various indoor ranges in Southern CA in 1981.

Seams they didn't like me popping off a quick 6 rounds with the Remington 1858 New Model Army in .44 cal Cap and Ball. I guess they had something against 210 grains of 3F Black powder fowling their air.

It was fun though smoke grenading the whole range with one or two cylinders of .44

Gonna get me one of these just to piss you all off!:s0118:

32df8026824768a54a375e9b90c4a4d5_zps0nq2c1yd.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews