JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow that is tragic. Road rage can definitely escalate quickly. Sad how a 10 second incident at worst can turn into this. What's just as bad is when you carry that 10 seconds around with you all day.

The good news is they both died.

Self correcting problem.....

You don't get out at a stop light and approach a vehicle to apologize.
No matter what you think. Your escalating the situation.

That's what I meant by this is a great example of how not to handle this. I also am extremely doubtful of this story. You don't if you have common sense try to get out of your car and approach another. I have many times done something in traffic that caused a close call and was my fault. If I could see the other driver I would hold up a hand and mouth sorry. Also the way he managed to get his gun out and shoot the guy who shot him makes me wonder. Was he really getting out to say how sorry he was, or did he get out with a gun in his hand already. Sad part is both had permits so you know how this will feed the antis now.

Who was raging? Or maybe i'm dense? Guy cut a person off. Person cut-off is angry and honks. Person who did the cutting off wants to apologize. Person who honked sees the man coming to apologize as aggression and believes they are protecting them selves and shoots. Who's raging? I see an apologetic action. And a fear response?

Well that's different that the FOX story. How could that be? o_O

I always feel like I need to read around 4 or 5 articles, especially from local news sources, before I have an understanding of what actually happened. It's really odd how wildly different articles can be.

I always feel like I need to read around 4 or 5 articles, especially from local news sources, before I have an understanding of what actually happened. It's really odd how wildly different articles can be.

.....and then you STILL may not know what really happened. That's the reason I don't read the articles very often.

It says he got out to apologize but that he was shot in his truck?

So did he get out? Or did the 2nd guy just run up and shoot him?

Either way it sounds like the 2nd guy was a little too trigger happy.
Maybe he thought he was defending his baby and GF?

Either way stupid shouldn't be around firearms

Read the article again. It says Sinclair got out of his vehicle and shot Byrne (the Marine).

AND how is it good news that Byrne died? Really? REALLY???

The good news is they both died.

Self correcting problem.....

You don't get out at a stop light and approach a vehicle to apologize.
No matter what you think. Your escalating the situation.

Who was raging? Or maybe i'm dense? Guy cut a person off. Person cut-off is angry and honks. Person who did the cutting off wants to apologize. Person who honked sees the man coming to apologize as aggression and believes they are protecting them selves and shoots. Who's raging? I see an apologetic action. And a fear response?

It says he got out to apologize but that he was shot in his truck?

So did he get out? Or did the 2nd guy just run up and shoot him?

Either way it sounds like the 2nd guy was a little too trigger happy.
Maybe he thought he was defending his baby and GF?

Either way stupid shouldn't be around firearms

Gosh, what tragic turn of events. I also agree with @AMT. Byrne was obviously not at fault here and his death is tragic. The other man seemed to be the instigator and his death was warranted based on how that second article frames it. Still, who knows what actually went down.

Just a reminder that cooler heads always prevail. As my old mentor told me: "The first one to yell, loses." Lived by it for a while and hasn't steered me wrong.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top