Road Rage Stupidity

OP
Alexx1401
Reactions
The good news is they both died.

Self correcting problem.....

You don't get out at a stop light and approach a vehicle to apologize.
No matter what you think. Your escalating the situation.
That's what I meant by this is a great example of how not to handle this. I also am extremely doubtful of this story. You don't if you have common sense try to get out of your car and approach another. I have many times done something in traffic that caused a close call and was my fault. If I could see the other driver I would hold up a hand and mouth sorry. Also the way he managed to get his gun out and shoot the guy who shot him makes me wonder. Was he really getting out to say how sorry he was, or did he get out with a gun in his hand already. Sad part is both had permits so you know how this will feed the antis now.

Mikej

Reactions
Who was raging? Or maybe i'm dense? Guy cut a person off. Person cut-off is angry and honks. Person who did the cutting off wants to apologize. Person who honked sees the man coming to apologize as aggression and believes they are protecting them selves and shoots. Who's raging? I see an apologetic action. And a fear response?

Mikej

Reactions
Glad the second article came up here. Again it shows why it's so damn hard to read anything in the "news" any more and be able to believe anything you read.
I’m with you, it’s difficult because there’s unfactual facts that somehow are news...

Medic! Already addresses this... :D

Fake news. :cool:

AMT

Reactions
Read the article again. It says Sinclair got out of his vehicle and shot Byrne (the Marine).

AND how is it good news that Byrne died? Really? REALLY???

The good news is they both died.

Self correcting problem.....

You don't get out at a stop light and approach a vehicle to apologize.
No matter what you think. Your escalating the situation.
Who was raging? Or maybe i'm dense? Guy cut a person off. Person cut-off is angry and honks. Person who did the cutting off wants to apologize. Person who honked sees the man coming to apologize as aggression and believes they are protecting them selves and shoots. Who's raging? I see an apologetic action. And a fear response?
It says he got out to apologize but that he was shot in his truck?

So did he get out? Or did the 2nd guy just run up and shoot him?

Either way it sounds like the 2nd guy was a little too trigger happy.
Maybe he thought he was defending his baby and GF?

Either way stupid shouldn’t be around firearms

SD Luna

Reactions
Gosh, what tragic turn of events. I also agree with @AMT. Byrne was obviously not at fault here and his death is tragic. The other man seemed to be the instigator and his death was warranted based on how that second article frames it. Still, who knows what actually went down.

Just a reminder that cooler heads always prevail. As my old mentor told me: “The first one to yell, loses.” Lived by it for a while and hasn’t steered me wrong.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom