JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree but...

So now you have 'stupid should't be around firearms ' yet have the ABILITY to obtain CCP.
Where do we draw the line?
Slippery slope. I personally don't believe we should. You'd hope with folks hearing about these stories it'd be enough to give them pause.

Well, I just reread and, by golly, Byrne was shot in his truck. I told you I don't read this stuff. BUT, was it rage, or was the guy just a lunatic? And at 22? Good chance he would have perished sometime later with attitude like that.

Crawling back in my cave now.

Slippery slope. I personally don't believe we should. You'd hope with folks hearing about these stories it'd be enough to give them pause.]
Yea uh huh, it aint going to be be enough - FAR too many 'new' gun owners with zero experience who have bought a gun purely on 'fear' and think it will be the answer to their problems and then they wind up shooting someone out of paranoia as in this situation.

Last Edited:
Then do we punish before the crime? Withhold Rights until they've reached mental maturity and have had psych evals? Liberty isn't 100% safe...sorry.

Stupidity is right. Life has all sorts of minor inconveniences; deliberately turning one into a major, or worse deadly, problem is spectacularly moronic. Conceal carry, by the very nature of said, carries with it an enormous responsibility. Properly deployed, it can mean the safety of yourself or family. Done irresponsibly can dramatically change, or even end, one's life.

De-escalation and avoidance are the flavors of the day when concealed carrying. My own personal philosophy is to be the most humble individual in a situation. Not to be a doormat, but the use of a firearm is a last resort. At least for me, cause I want to sleep next to my wife, not Bubba...

My mom always told me that anger is "temporary insanity". It took me many years to really understand that.

"Why did you do that? It was irrational, unreasonable, and dangerous!"
"Yeah I know it was stupid, but I was angry!"

It's always amazed me how people will often make incredibly life-altering (or ending) decisions over insignificant things at the drop of a hat, when they get angry. For example, a young guy I knew and grew up with once got into an argument in a bar with a stranger. They took it outside where he punched the stranger. The stranger fell over, hit his head and died. This young man with his whole life ahead of him then spent the next decade in prison. And the other guy died. Over a stupid nothing argument in a bar. Yes, positively insane.

I learned a long time ago to quickly distance myself from crazy people on the road. When someone does something rude, thoughtless, and/or dangerous, just take a deep breath, let it go, and stay as far away from them as you can. You'll live longer that way.

It says he got out to apologize but that he was shot in his truck?

So did he get out? Or did the 2nd guy just run up and shoot him?

Either way it sounds like the 2nd guy was a little too trigger happy.
Maybe he thought he was defending his baby and GF?

Either way stupid shouldn't be around firearms

The bad thing is, there is a lot more stupid around firearms these days than ever before.

My mom always told me that anger is "temporary insanity". It took me many years to really understand that.

"Why did you do that? It was irrational, unreasonable, and dangerous!"
"Yeah I know it was stupid, but I was angry!"

It's always amazed me how people will often make incredibly life-altering (or ending) decisions over insignificant things at the drop of a hat, when they get angry. For example, a young guy I knew and grew up with once got into an argument in a bar with a stranger. They took it outside where he punched the stranger. The stranger fell over, hit his head and died. This young man with his whole life ahead of him then spent the next decade in prison. And the other guy died. Over a stupid nothing argument in a bar. Yes, positively insane.

I learned a long time ago to quickly distance myself from crazy people on the road. When someone does something rude, thoughtless, and/or dangerous, just take a deep breath, let it go, and stay as far away from them as you can. You'll live longer that way.

I distance my self from idiots on the road , but have had a couple situations this year that there was nowhere to distance my self to. There are to many morons that drive like their playing a video game

There are to many morons that drive like their playing a video game

I'd like to know what this means?

Living IN Portland the ratio is about one out of five people that couldn't get past the first part of the first stage of a video game. That means all the drivers are stuck in oppressive traffic slow downs during large portions of the day. In a video game, if you don't follow the game you die, and have to start again. People in Portland don't follow the rules of the game. Signaling, go when the light turns green, going the speed limit, generally not following the rules of the game/road.

We are never going to know what happened. But we can still learn from it.

My usual response to road rage is if I did something dumb and driver didn't react with more than a honk, I will roll down my window and apologize.

If the driver is acting crazy, obviously raging, I will fall back and take the next turn or exit. Just not worth the hassle these days.

If the driver is acting crazy, obviously raging, I will fall back and take the next turn or exit. Just not worth the hassle these days.

That is the smart response. Where things really go south is when a person responds to the "rager" in kind (honking, yelling, retaliating). I learned the hard way many years ago to avoid and de-escalate as best you can. If they're doing something crazy and dangerous, will you ever "teach them a lesson"? Not likely; they've already proven that their own safety is less important to them than yours is to you.

People in Portland don't follow the rules of the game. Signaling, go when the light turns green, going the speed limit, generally not following the rules of the game/road.

I've long felt that a percentage of drivers on the road have absolutely no business with a drivers license, either due to competence or temperament. It seems like the denser the population, the worse it gets.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top