JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even 1 piece Warnes can benefit from a bit of lapping in most cases to increase the surface area that holds scope. 2 piece mounts always should be checked as you can have tolerence stacking from the drilling and tapping of the rifle in combination of the machine work on the rings. Picatinny rails are usually gtg but worth checking. Especially with 2 pc setups. Full disclosure I am a bit OCD and also not a fan of Warne 1 piece rings.

Last Edited:
I remember all the cheap rings I bought back in the day, well some were cheap some not so cheap, but less than a set of Warnes cost, I always had a hard time with them. Especially getting the scope leveled in them.

I still recall my first set of Warnes. Thinking, that was easy. I think that was kind of the main reason I made the switch to them. They were so much easier to lever a scope in. Now knowing they really don't require lapping just adds to the fulfillment of purchasing them over other brands.

I've never ventured into one piece mounts. Never liked them to be honest. I know they make sense on an AR, but I've gone away from using the AR platform for anything needing a scope.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top