JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone using one of the rifle racks that you mount on the door of your safe? Do you like it? Any cons? I need a bit more rifle room in my safe. Any other clever ideas? My rifle storage is cramped and tuff to get to some without unloading everything. I'm looking for some storage ideas.

Anyone using one of the rifle racks that you mount on the door of your safe? Do you like it? Any cons? I need a bit more rifle room in my safe. Any other clever ideas? My rifle storage is cramped and tuff to get to some without unloading everything. I'm looking for some storage ideas.

Sounds like you need another safe.;)

I've wondered if anyone rigged a roll-out rifle rack for their safe, kinda like this
class-5-weapons-safe-rifle-cart.jpg

or this from Summit Safes
summit safe rollout racks.jpg

to make it easier to access rifles in the back without having to unload/move those in front.

Last Edited:
I don't know about your safe but if I put guns on the door I wouldn't be able to shut it. The thick door already eats into the interior space, I have to make sure everything is pushed in enough just to get the door closed. There's probably 20+ guns in the safe, there may that many more that aren't. Sorely lacking secure space. All was fine until about 4 years ago when I decided to pick up a few more, turned out to be way more than a few and hasn't slowed down much.

I'm currently finishing the basement, adding another 2k sq ft to the house. My 'cave' is down there so I'm adding a 'vault' for all that needs secured.

I can put handguns on my safe door since my safe included an accessory rack. I did see that drawer safe at NWSafe but it more expensive than the Summit safe I bought.

The problem with rifle racks on the door of most safes is the arc the door passes through means you have to keep them away from the opening side of the door. A wider safe is less of a problem in that regard but still, unless the rifles are laid flat against the door they're going to hit the edge of the door opening unless they're kept well away, limiting how many can be put on the door. There's also the problem of not being able to see what they're crashing into inside the safe as you close the door.

I've studied assorted variations of safe racks for years and I think the "drawer" rack, if done right, is over all the best solution for maximizing storage space and ease of access.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top