JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you want waterproof, you'll end up dropping a few hundred for something like a Pelican, StormCase or SKB.
Good, although not fully waterproof, cases can be had from Plano for around $100... around $130 for an "all weather" case.

C

Its for a hunting rifle so I have been eyeballing the pelican. Looks like its built like a tank but its a tad on the expensive side but I figure its worth spending a little more in a semi expensive rifle.

A rifle case (even for your very best and favorite) can NEVER be considered more than a fleeting, temporary enclosure for a gun during transport. NEVER should any gun be stored in any case. Therefore, I am recommending the very most economical case you can find that accommodates your gun (and perhaps some accessories) for transport. For a very fine gun (collector quality Winchester, or such), I will augment the economical case with a gunsock around the gun itself. A collecting friend of mine actually socks all his guns in his safe. I am adopting his procedure, as it eliminates "safe dings" from extraction of the gun to show, or to examine.

A rifle case (even for your very best and favorite) can NEVER be considered more than a fleeting, temporary enclosure for a gun during transport. NEVER should any gun be stored in any case. Therefore, I am recommending the very most economical case you can find that accommodates your gun (and perhaps some accessories) for transport. For a very fine gun (collector quality Winchester, or such), I will augment the economical case with a gunsock around the gun itself. A collecting friend of mine actually socks all his guns in his safe. I am adopting his procedure, as it eliminates "safe dings" from extraction of the gun to show, or to examine.

Why would you store a gun in a case? Seems like an invitation for mold, rust, and warped stocks,

Not sure if they still carry them but Wallyworld used to carry contico cases that were a fairly thick hard plastic and held 2 long guns for about $20 - probably cost more now but they did hold up well. They had 2 locations for locks on them.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top