JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you want waterproof, you'll end up dropping a few hundred for something like a Pelican, StormCase or SKB.
Good, although not fully waterproof, cases can be had from Plano for around $100... around $130 for an "all weather" case.

C

Its for a hunting rifle so I have been eyeballing the pelican. Looks like its built like a tank but its a tad on the expensive side but I figure its worth spending a little more in a semi expensive rifle.

A rifle case (even for your very best and favorite) can NEVER be considered more than a fleeting, temporary enclosure for a gun during transport. NEVER should any gun be stored in any case. Therefore, I am recommending the very most economical case you can find that accommodates your gun (and perhaps some accessories) for transport. For a very fine gun (collector quality Winchester, or such), I will augment the economical case with a gunsock around the gun itself. A collecting friend of mine actually socks all his guns in his safe. I am adopting his procedure, as it eliminates "safe dings" from extraction of the gun to show, or to examine.

A rifle case (even for your very best and favorite) can NEVER be considered more than a fleeting, temporary enclosure for a gun during transport. NEVER should any gun be stored in any case. Therefore, I am recommending the very most economical case you can find that accommodates your gun (and perhaps some accessories) for transport. For a very fine gun (collector quality Winchester, or such), I will augment the economical case with a gunsock around the gun itself. A collecting friend of mine actually socks all his guns in his safe. I am adopting his procedure, as it eliminates "safe dings" from extraction of the gun to show, or to examine.

Why would you store a gun in a case? Seems like an invitation for mold, rust, and warped stocks,

Not sure if they still carry them but Wallyworld used to carry contico cases that were a fairly thick hard plastic and held 2 long guns for about $20 - probably cost more now but they did hold up well. They had 2 locations for locks on them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top