JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most people that are retired HAD jobs and earned the right to do things WHENEVER they want, because 'Merica!

I was annoyed that my retired neighbors were weed whacking on a Saturday. Then I realized that we 'Jobbers' make all the noise in the world on the weekend, when we are home, and why WOULDN'T a retiree choose to keep M-F quite and peaceful, since S&S are shot anyway?

Lastly, if'n you are up against a hard break to shop, who's fault is that, really???

Must be nice having everything you will ever need for the rest of your life stockpiled at your house. I wish I had your foresight.

Yea there are just oodles of places to get a couple push pin detents. I totally planned to skyrocket one across the room into the ether and the surplus colt LPK was missing one as well while putting together my 200th some Odd AR lower.

Instead I will just order 10 of them from the net since my last stash used up. Would have been nice to grab them today to test fire this week, but that can wait too now.

Agreed. Luckily Ive hit windows of time where I havent had to wait in any lines.. but Im sure that day will come by October/November.
Oh man its going to only get worse. With the run up to the election everyone will be buying everything for fear of a ban. If Uncle Molester Joe gets it will continue till his communist overloads throw us in the gulags. If Trump gets elected, it should calm back down but Covid is going to last years so who knows.

Sadly this thread has turned a bit ugly, calling out older folks should be beneath us, yet here we are. We should as a Nation respect our elders and calling them Geriatrics is disrespectful and I'd expect more from Freedom Loving Countrymen. Remember, we'll all be older soon and I'm sure we'll all want respect later in our years.

Do better.

Lines happen...
And yes it is frustrating...to be in a line or when you actually get into the store....
Find that item you were going to buy is out of stock....
Just like with lines...that happens too.

With that said...
All of this will pass in time....
Just like a long bowel movement.
Andy

I don't have hours to stand outside behind a bunch of geriatrics/unemployed camping ammo or waiting to browse when I need a few small parts.

You just wait sonny! You'll be old too. Let's hope at that time you don't think only of yourself like so many younger people do today. You'll really be pissin' of the young'uns. You just wait!
:s0140:

Geriatrics? Folks that got there before you did? I'm a geriatric and the fact that those ahead of you got up earlier than you did says a lot for their initiative. You think far too much of yourself. Take your complaints to the governor of the state. Don't belittle regular folks that are trying to abide by the rules.

Holy crap! I was going to ask YOU when you become a "Geriatric"! Then I found THIS.....
Geriatrics refers to medical care for older adults, an age group that is not easy to define precisely. "Older" is preferred over "elderly," but both are equally imprecise; > 65 is the age often used, but most people do not need geriatrics expertise in their care until age 70, 75, or even 80.
I turned geriatric last month! :s0099:

Oh man its going to only get worse. With the run up to the election everyone will be buying everything for fear of a ban. If Uncle Molester Joe gets it will continue till his communist overloads throw us in the gulags. If Trump gets elected, it should calm back down but Covid is going to last years so who knows.

Seems like it's sucking to be you lately, huh? Hope things get better for ya". ;)

Sadly this thread has turned a bit ugly, calling out older folks should be beneath us, yet here we are. We should as a Nation respect our elders and calling them Geriatrics is disrespectful and I'd expect more from Freedom Loving Countrymen. Remember, we'll all be older soon and I'm sure we'll all want respect later in our years.

Do better.
I think us "Geriatric's" can get through this without being too distraught. A little venting by a "Whipper Snapper" doesn't cause us much angst. But thanks for the help anyway DB.:s0151:

Just thinking that this beer virus is bringing out the true virtues of people in general. Toilet paper. Guns and ammunition, what will the new panic come from? Someone said to stock up on popcorn, I know. I hope that I don't have to stand in line. Looking forward to the good times! Bottoms up!

Do better.
Becoming a "geriatric" person should be a life goal for everyone. I look forward to the day when I am old enough to not care about you wiper snappers.

Get off my lawn!!

I find a little odd the assumption that anyone who can wait in line for a while on a weekday morning must not be gainfully employed.

One may be surprised how many variable-shift jobs exist which give people random days offs in during the week rather than just Saturday and Sunday, or workdays that begin in the afternoon or evening rather than at 9am. I used to work such a job myself; it was kind of awesome but had equally un-awesome drawbacks.

One thing I do wish people were more conscientious about (and I have seen people fail at this) is if there is gonna be a 5-person limit in the store and a line has formed outside... don't just shoot the breeze with the staff for an eternity. Yes, you got there first so I respect you getting first dibs on whatever you're there to buy, but to chit-chat while others wait seems pretty rude.

One may be surprised how many variable-shift jobs exist which give people random days offs in during the week rather than just Saturday and Sunday, or workdays that begin in the afternoon or evening rather than at 9am. I used to work such a job myself; it was kind of awesome but had equally un-awesome drawbacks.
Yep. I worked swing shift for a lot of years. It was great; start work in the afernoon, get off work in time to go get food or whatever, sleep for a few hours and then have the late mornings/early afternoons to run errands and stuff.

It's really not that bad, guys. It's not. This whole thread reads like a overreaction to a small stimulus. I mean, the OP pretty quickly stated they'd rather buy online than stand in line so. . . Do that? Simple problem, simple solution?

Sorry, but I think your ire is focused on the small business owner when it should be at the overlords demanding it or the business will get its business license pulled. We are literally living in an era where the Government dictates how businesses will be run.
Ayn Rand Government Control.jpg

One thing I do wish people were more conscientious about (and I have seen people fail at this) is if there is gonna be a 5-person limit in the store and a line has formed outside... don't just shoot the breeze with the staff for an eternity. Yes, you got there first so I respect you getting first dibs on whatever you're there to buy, but to chit-chat while others wait seems pretty rude.

Gosh, I would hope people are considering this point. There's things I haven't' done since March because part of the enjoyment is shootin' the bull. But all you need to do is go where there are people in potland and you'll see a LOT of them don't give 2 squirts about any one else but themselves. :( I don't think it even crosses their minds how their actions affect others? That's the sad part.

I find a little odd the assumption that anyone who can wait in line for a while on a weekday morning must not be gainfully employed.

Why wait in any line? If I need a gun use one of the many home based FFls and get it cheaper and faster. If you need an accessory then order it online, many times cheaper.

The only thing a retail store offers in convienence. Take away that convienence and they serve zero purpose other than impulse buys or finger banging something before you buy it.

Sorry not going to wait in line for hours to pay for overpriced merchandise while wasting my day when I could be doing something else. Time is money.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top