JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of my coworkers were talking about the lines at Keith's. Firsthand, I've only visited Tigard NW Armory, maybe couple of weeks ago. Few boxes of ammo I ordered online the night before. I was bracing myself for long line, but I went there after work & there was only one person in front of me.

I walked into their sectioned off entrance area initially & was asked to wait outside, because they allowed only one person at a time in the "queue"(social distancing). I was in & out in maybe 5 minutes or so after that.

Some of us have these things called jobs. In these things called jobs, they do not afford us the time to sit around outside of a store because we have nothing better to do. Our time is money. My time is better spent doing something productive and spending 5 minutes to order something online for $2 and pay $10 shipping than stand in line for over an hour to even see if they have the item in stock.

And don't pretend that 90% of the neckbearding from the Obama Election, Sandy Hook and today is by old farts who have nothing better to do than stand in line becuase their time is worth nothing and gobble up shipments as soon as they come in. Not knocking it, but it is what it is. You do you.

There are also these things called weekends, where most normal people who work can do their shopping. When a business is closed on Sunday, that cuts the available time in half. Many of us who work in the public sector also have Mondays off. Guess what other day they are closed. Ever been there on a Saturday? Good Luck.

Like I said, There are restrictions in place by the .gov. However alot of these are also self imposed that go way above and beyond.

Hence why its just more expedient to order from an online vendor.
Similar to what I'd say regarding this malarkey with waiting in line for 5 at a time or whatever. It's annoying as hell as like you said, most of us are working folk who can only go on a regular weekend where the crowds are at their highest. Retired folks or people who work hours other than what's "normal" have an advantage nonetheless. Last time I ordered a gun(month ago, still waiting), it took damn near 2 hours to do a 10 minute thing. What a screw.

Why wait in any line? If I need a gun use one of the many home based FFls and get it cheaper and faster. If you need an accessory then order it online, many times cheaper.

The only thing a retail store offers in convienence. Take away that convienence and they serve zero purpose other than impulse buys or finger banging something before you buy it.

Sorry not going to wait in line for hours to pay for overpriced merchandise while wasting my day when I could be doing something else. Time is money.

The "my time is way too valuable for that" argument seems odd if you've got time to be arguing with strangers on the internet, though.

The "my time is way too valuable for that" argument seems odd if you've got time to be arguing with strangers on the internet, though.
There is this amazing thing called multi-tasking, with a infant on my hip and typing on a phone while responding to some work emails.

If you cannot understand the difference between having to physcially go somewhere, wait in line for over an hour, which precludes you from doing anything else, especailly durring limited business hours - and typing on an electronic device from anywhere, anytime in less than 30 seconds, I can't help you.

Some of us have these things called jobs. In these things called jobs, they do not afford us the time to sit around outside of a store because we have nothing better to do. Our time is money. My time is better spent doing something productive and spending 5 minutes to order something online for $2 and pay $10 shipping than stand in line for over an hour to even see if they have the item in stock.

And don't pretend that 90% of the neckbearding from the Obama Election, Sandy Hook and today is by old farts who have nothing better to do than stand in line becuase their time is worth nothing and gobble up shipments as soon as they come in. Not knocking it, but it is what it is. You do you.

There are also these things called weekends, where most normal people who work can do their shopping. When a business is closed on Sunday, that cuts the available time in half. Many of us who work in the public sector also have Mondays off. Guess what other day they are closed. Ever been there on a Saturday? Good Luck.

Like I said, There are restrictions in place by the .gov. However alot of these are also self imposed that go way above and beyond.

Hence why its just more expedient to order from an online vendor.
So you work in the "public sector"? that explains why your attitude towards people is so poor. Your position is simply indefensible and shameful.

Why wait in any line? If I need a gun use one of the many home based FFls and get it cheaper and faster. If you need an accessory then order it online, many times cheaper.

The only thing a retail store offers in convienence. Take away that convienence and they serve zero purpose other than impulse buys or finger banging something before you buy it.

Sorry not going to wait in line for hours to pay for overpriced merchandise while wasting my day when I could be doing something else. Time is money.
You've wasted a lot of time ranting

There is this amazing thing called multi-tasking, with a infant on my hip and typing on a phone while responding to some work emails.

If you cannot understand the difference between having to physcially go somewhere, wait in line for over an hour, which precludes you from doing anything else, especailly durring limited business hours - and typing on an electronic device from anywhere, anytime in less than 30 seconds, I can't help you.

It's not that I can't understand, it's that I don't believe you.

Guys....let's not get at each others throats for something the .gov has created. This is disturbing. And EXACTLY what our true enemies drool over.

I gots me lots of TP, ammo and liquor. I don't need to stand in any stinking line. ;)
Plus, I am an old fut. I hit the grocery store or Costco early in the morning during senior hour so I don't have to deal with those self centered selfish folks that believe they are too macho to wear a mask to help protect others. :(

On sort of the same subject....lines.

I went to the Bank of America three times today....attempting to do some business. Each time, I saw that the line was out the door and around the corner of the building. I gave up after three tries. I guess they don't really want my cash deposit. Oh well.... Maybe, I'll spend it?

Aloha, Mark

Becoming a "geriatric" person should be a life goal for everyone. I look forward to the day when I am old enough to not care about you wiper snappers.

Get off my lawn!!
"Do not resent growing old, many are denied the privilege. "

Staring 40 in the face is interesting. 80 is what seems the beginning of old to me.

I have the good fortune to not need any of the things lines are for these days. Retired life do have its good points. I was in Coastal Farm in Albany yesterday looking at the safes and the shelves over in the weapons department were somewhat bare. I must be asking too much for my weapons, nobody trying to empty me.

Yea there are just oodles of places to get a couple push pin detents. I totally planned to skyrocket one across the room into the ether and the surplus colt LPK was missing one as well while putting together my 200th some Odd AR lower.

200th lower and you haven't made some anti-detent-mortar tools? A 1/4" dowel did wonders to save me from the detent's attempts to claim my eyes.

Nice screed, btw. :rolleyes:

1596601121855.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews