JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did anyone go to the Rickreall gunshow? Headed up that way to finalize a sale with a memeber, just wondering if the show was any good?
Went yesterday morning. Got there about 10 and the place was packed. More tables than I have ever seen there. There were even tables in the food room! I thought it was a good show. Lots of everything, many with good prices. I'm not a older gun models guy but there was lots of that too.

Went yesterday morning. Got there about 10 and the place was packed. More tables than I have ever seen there. There were even tables in the food room! I thought it was a good show. Lots of everything, many with good prices. I'm not a older gun models guy but there was lots of that too.
That sounds great I'm headed up this morning to go to it.

A buddy and I got there around 9:30 and it was packed. Good amount of product and some really good prices. Though I did not leave with anything new, I really enjoyed it.

Great show, lots of everything, especially some sweet used and vintage pieces.

I had to wonder why my favorite magazines/parts seller, a Salem guy I do business with at every show, was not invited to attend (he told me in Hillsboro) while I cruised full speed past tables full of purses, treats, and other non-gun stuff. Glad to see there wasn't too much of that. MUCH better than we see at Expo.

I didn't need any .22 ammo because most stores seem to have it now (and brands I prefer). But the $30 bricks of Remington and Aguila I saw yesterday looked a LOT better than $55-60 for the same stuff at this time last year!

ARs and components have come way down, too, but I didn't see any great prices for anything else. I believe there's a buying frenzy going on ("Better get 'em while we still can!). Sellers can ask whatever they like, especially for things they "bought high" over the past several years. Work your best deal and pay what lets you sleep at night.

Overall great show. Looks online like there will be 4 Rickreall shows next year. Glad to see that! I'll be there.

Last Edited:
I favor the Rickreall show for a variety of reasons, #1 being most of their tables are actually gun stuff.

It was also the site of a very pointed reality that finally dented my thick head:
about a decade ago, I was there with cash-in-pocket. I tracked down on one of the little side aisles a small table, where the guy had 'just what I wanted' at the time: an obscure model of Colt 1911 with short slide, standard grip, night sights, a hokey series name and extra mags. It fit my hand perfectly. It fit in my pocket perfectly if I took out my 'pistol cash-wad'. I was so stunned, it had a decent asking price too for ANIB.

Somehow I walked away 'be back later'. Later (about 5 minutes!!!) it was gone. I've never seen that exact model anywhere since.

I favor the Rickreall show for a variety of reasons, #1 being most of their tables are actually gun stuff.

It was also the site of a very pointed reality that finally dented my thick head:
about a decade ago, I was there with cash-in-pocket. I tracked down on one of the little side aisles a small table, where the guy had 'just what I wanted' at the time: an obscure model of Colt 1911 with short slide, standard grip, night sights, a hokey series name and extra mags. It fit my hand perfectly. It fit in my pocket perfectly if I took out my 'pistol cash-wad'. I was so stunned, it had a decent asking price too for ANIB.

Somehow I walked away 'be back later'. Later (about 5 minutes!!!) it was gone. I've never seen that exact model anywhere since.
Doh! I hate when that happens!

Conversely, I've purchased a couple impulse items over the decades that I later wished I had slept on overnight instead. While I resent the added layers of FFL involvement and BGI even for a private trade (spontaneity-killers to be sure), I should acknowledge that they force me to be a little more deliberate/sane (grumble grumble).

I guess the more shows we attend, the more we'll know about the likelihood of seeing a particular weapon/accessory ever again and getting it for a fair price.

If I didn't have a long list of major projects to complete 50 miles from Rickreall, I'd probably go there again today. Seriously good show, and I dig the free parking.

It was so crowded it wasn't very fun for a while, but I did find some great deals on reloading components. It's been a long time since I've seen 8 lb jugs of powder for $80.

I went this morning around 11 stayed around until 2, sold my vz-24. Ended up spending what I got from it plus some. I ended up buying a mk 1 ruger with a bull barrel in absolutely like new condition, then after looking at it for a while, I decided it was just too nice to drag through the brush, so I bought a mk 2 in the same configuration, then spotted the new mk 4 with the aluminum frame and threaded barrel, so I had to get it tooo_O so I guess I need to load up a few ammo cans of 22 ammo and go try them out.

i was gonna go but i didnt really need anything. a lot of stuff i can find cheaper on the internet. especially when people arent willing to budge at all on their prices.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top