JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
I went today, thought it was a great show. Lots of good stuff, and it's always good to say hi to oremike, BanjoGeek, and PiratePast40, among others. My youngest daughter came along with me today. She's a good kid, loves to go to the range with me too, and is a good shot.

I bought a few odds and ends. One guy had a bunch of powder for $15/lb and primers for $60/k. I didn't buy any primers because I don't need any, but I did pick up a little bit of powder, though I really don't need any of that either. It was funny to watch the guy before me excitedly telling his buddy on the phone about the cheap powder and primers, and filling a box with pound after pound to buy.

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular, but I've always thought it interesting just how much some guys in the gun community hate gun shows. I think they really just don't quite understand what gun shows are.

They're not some kind of bargain-fest, where you pay an entrance fee to get access to guaranteed great deals on whatever whiz-bang new toy you're interested in. They're really just a swap-meet, trader's bazaar kind of affair, the sort of public market that has existed since the beginning of civilization. There's all kinds of people there, from the guy who just wants to get rid of his accumulated junk, who will give you a helluva deal, to the guy with the table full of overpriced goods who's just fishing for a sucker, and everything in between. If you're looking for guaranteed bargains on new guns, look elsewhere.

Admittedly gun shows aren't what they used to be for various reasons: regulations, internet, ebay, etc., but some of us still like them. I just wish that every single thread about gun shows didn't have to have snarky comments about beanie babies and jerky. We didn't see a single beanie baby there today, and my daughter was looking! :)

Just kidding, she's eleven now, and has outgrown beanie babies.
Well said. There was a few good deals depending on what you were looking for. I spent $50 on a couple items I couldve found online and saved $5 but I like to support the vendors when I can.
I went looking for some certain amno but had no luck.
Im always on the lookout for a few guns Id like but no luck there either.
I do wish some of the ammo mfg prices were better but I dont really have any idea what their overhead or margins are.

How crowded was it? It has been quite a few years since I've been to the Rickreall show, but it was almost uncomfortably crowded the last time I was there.

We got there just a little after opening and it wasn't bad, but a hour or so later it was getting so crowded you'd have trouble getting down some of the aisles.

Last Edited:
How crowded was it? It has been quite a few years since I've been to the Rickreall show, but it was almost uncomfortably crowded the last time I was there.
Sunday mornings should be less crowded because of Church going people? In my experience, 10am-11am to 2pm is the slow time, and the last hour on Sundays may be the time to get best deals on non-firearm things?

I like this show, I've been attending it for a long time and also been a vendor there the last few years. It's kind of a good 'ol boy show and it's good to catch up the once a year we see each other. It's a good show to go treasure hunting, a lot of tables over filled with stuff so poking around one never knows what they might discover.

Been going to the Rickreall show for MANY years. Rickreall, ARPC and lately East Albany Lions are the shows I try to attend lately. Went to Rickreall Saturday afternoon. Good show but it seemed a bit smaller than usual. Decent selection but nothing that caught my eye. $50 a pound for powder was a bit of a shock--but asking and selling are different things and I didn't see anybody carrying any out.
There are shows in Vancouver and Pendleton this weekend--might be why Rickreall felt a bit diminished.

Got out alive again, considered a beautiful Remington .222, then reminded myself that .222's have multiplied like rats around me in the last couple years.

I hope one of you ended up with it so I can sleep at night. :cool:

Got out alive again, considered a beautiful Remington .222, then reminded myself that .222's have multiplied like rats around me in the last couple years.

Ah, the siren song of the .222 Remington. I remember seeing the same Model 700 with a bighorn ram engraved on the floorplate at consecutive gun shows I attended back in the late 80's. The second time I encountered it, I just had to try the trigger. Had it been anything better than atrocious, I might have left with it. Since I already had a perfectly good Model 722 in that caliber, I was able to walk away. I did ponder buying it and replacing the trigger with a Timney, but that would have turned a good deal into a mediocre one. Here we are about 35 years later, and I've only added a Contender barrel in that caliber, but it is still one of my favorites. Along with the .222 Rem Mag of course.

I almost bought it, then reminded myself that it's pretty expensive to shoot. I was looking for a 22 mag for a truck gun.

I almost bought it, then reminded myself that it's pretty expensive to shoot. I was looking for a 22 mag for a truck gun.
It's not that bad if you reload. I paid just over $100 for 250 cases from Starline a few months back. It was "in stock" then. It looks like you can still backorder it right now.

Just curious. What were they asking for the rifle?

We had a very different experience, I had two kids with me and they were welcomed by almost everyone there. They got lots of goodies and "hello's". No racist bigots to be seen. The isles were crowded but moving along.
I'm encouraged by seeing people that bring their kids to these shows. Teaching and preserving our values is the only way we'll survive.

On a positive note, I was there yesterday and had a great time. Scored a 500rd case of Barnaul 7.62x39 hp for $130! Would have picked up the second case that the seller had, but someone else overhead the conversation and grabbed it before I pulled out my wallet.

On a positive note, I was there yesterday and had a great time. Scored a 500rd case of Barnaul 7.62x39 hp for $130! Would have picked up the second case that the seller had, but someone else overhead the conversation and grabbed it before I pulled out my wallet.
You definitely received one of the best deals of the day . Good for you . I also was in search of same caliber . Enjoy . Blessings . :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top