JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would agree that if you have not used it you should be able to change it in any way you see fit. I know people have purchased them in the past and then changed the name as they did not want to spell it all out on a SBR.

Once you use it well you are stuck with what you have.
I changed the name of my trust for just that reason. You don't have to use the exact same trust for every NFA purchase either.

I changed the name of my trust for just that reason. You don't have to use the exact same trust for every NFA purchase either.

Yes I did read that people said just purchase another trust if you were not happy with what you had. But for the price of a trust that is a stamp so am sticking with the one I have:)

I do not think you can change it once it is used? I thought I read somewhere someone tried to do that and they were going to have to re apply for another stamp??
I do not see the difference between me changing the name on the trust and sending it in as a new trust or having the lawyer re-write the exact same trust with a new name.

The reason it is called a revocable living trust is because it can be changed and amended.

Of course, I'm an electrician, not a lawyer, so I could be totally incorrect. But I don't think so.

I do not think you can change it once it is used? I thought I read somewhere someone tried to do that and they were going to have to re apply for another stamp??
If you're talking about changing the trust name and moving the NFA item over to it, then you would be correct. Keep the old trust and make a new one for the other trusts to get the newly purchase NFA items I would think that would be fine.

If you get a copy of willmaker 2007 you can make trusts up all day long. If it makes you feel better you can even purchase it instead of just downloading it. I think I'm on my 3rd trust. Draft the revocable living trust in the 20 minutes it takes to enter names and such. Finalize it in the program, change the name to whatever you want and print it. Get it notarized. Done deal. Good enough for the BATF .

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top