JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Need a small bit of advice here. I have searched the topic and haven't got a clear answer, surprisingly.

A) My father created a trust several years ago for a single suppressor. That is all that is in the trust.

B) He is the only trustee. He thought it was a family trust (he put that in the title), but no one else is listed - I found the paperwork and checked. He is elderly and I want to avoid hassle if/when…

C) I understand he only needs an amendment to add me (or my brother, etc.) as a trustee and have it notarized.

Question: Don't I, or whoever is being added, need to be there with him and sign also, to acknowledged as being added so the trust with my (our) knowledge and consent? Thus, the notary can confirm that?

The problem I have, is that if that is NOT the case, it would be possible for someone to just go to a notary and make someone an unwilling trustee and saddle them with that. Seems wrong to me logically.

I would start with how the trust was created and if posable ask the person / company that produced the trust if they can provide guidance.

Although probably not specific to your trust there is some good info here

Check this out.

If there is no beneficiaries listed in the NFA gun trust, then he should sign an "appointment of co trustee effective immediately" paper. like the ones show below.

IMG_2964.JPG IMG_2965.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top