JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Started with 5 HP go cart then 8HP mini bike Honda 110 and 185 Three wheeler ATC XR75 RM80 KX125 THEN XR500 then stopped riding because the parts and upkeep of the bikes got to expensive lol don't forget about the medical bills broken arm collar bone stitches so on and so on you get the picture

IMG_2128.JPG

Back in the old day's Honda made the XR75 that was one of the best dirt bike's ever made for a first bike for kids that thing was bullet proof it just kept running I don't know why they quit making it

Back in the old day's Honda made the XR75 that was one of the best dirt bike's ever made for a first bike for kids that thing was bullet proof it just kept running I don't know why they quit making it
My first real bike was an XR75. I loved that bike and did really well with it. They didn't quit making it, they just made it into a XR80. They are still user friendly, bulletproof bikes that have not changed much since the 70's. I still have a 02 XR80, and my friends have a bunch, so we get together and race them at the track or take them to the hills for fun days. We might look silly, but we have fun. :)
Dec08.18.JPG Racin ko.1.jpg

Last Edited:
My first real bike was an XR75. I loved that bike and did really well with it. They didn't quit making it, they just made it into a XR80. They are still user friendly, bulletproof bikes that have not changed much since the 70's. I still have a 02 XR80, and my friends have a bunch, so we get together and race them at the track or take them to the hills for fun days. We might look silly, but we have fun. :)

316476-2e3dd1e4a3ac4be084d161b1a3190253.jpg

Those were fantastic little machines!

There was a guy that bought two of those from the Honda dealer I worked for and handed them to the shop for us to "Build" them. That meant tuned pipe, stroker crank, cam and porting/grinding and polishing everything in the head to a mirror finish. It wasn't my project but I got to watch and learn. We all got to take turns on them once they were done though. They had to get some break-in and be proven after all.

17 years ago I rode my first motorized vehicle; a 1986 Honda TRX 70. My next-door neighbor owned quads and was awesome about letting my family use them. Many camping trips later and enough memories to make any kid happy, the poor little TRX had seen better days. 12 years of sitting in a shop, unused, has been the life of the little Honda until I had the opportunity to purchase the quad from my neighbor. I have a boy on the way, and I hope he will have as much fun on this machine as I did growing up.

Now to get the thing running again....

What was your first motor?
I take it you're referring to motorcycles in particular, because motorized vehicle could be a car, a motorcycle, an airplane....really any thing that can transport stuff and is powered by some kind of motor.
So for me, it was when I was a teenager.
My brother, who was in the service in those days, had a Honda TL125 and he shipped it home in 3 boxes when he was getting ready to transfer from Yokota to McChord.
This would've been about 1978.
No place to really ride it, fortunately my parents had a big yard, so I just putted around there.

4254466222_0cc4793647_b.jpg

Dean
P.S. - I asked my mom how we got home from the hospital after I was born and she said a friend picked her up (my Dad wasn't home when I was born), but she doesn't remember what kind of car it was.

Last Edited:
My first motorized experience was a boat.
And I'd post pics, but if you've seen one 14' boat with a small outboard, you've pretty much seen them all.

Many a nice perch and a number of even nicer trout accompanied me home on my early nautical excursions.
When you're 11-12 years old and providing dinner for the whole family, it makes you feel REALLY important!
And that's all I have to say about that.

My first motorized experience was a boat.
And I'd post pics, but if you've seen one 14' boat with a small outboard, you've pretty much seen them all.

Many a nice perch and a number of even nicer trout accompanied me home on my early nautical excursions.
When you're 11-12 years old and providing dinner for the whole family, it makes you feel REALLY important!
And that's all I have to say about that.
This post is useless without out picture 's lol just kidding

Well, when you're 11 or 12, you take one of these:
?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2F00%2Fs%2FNDQ5WDgwMA%3D%3D%2Fz%2FGYoAAOSwgQ9Vg351%2F%24_80.JPG

Put it here:

http%3A%2F%2Fmedia-cache-ec0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2Fcb%2F2a%2Fe1%2Fcb2ae1577c44d4318a61cee2933bd459.jpg

Add a few of these:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flywatertravel.com%2Fuserfiles%2Fimage%2FLonesome_Duck.jpg

And A LOT of these:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.instructables.com%2FFBA%2FY36P%2FHPY96J8D%2FFBAY36PHPY96J8D.MEDIUM.jpg

And you end up with a pedantic forum poster that believes in a high degree of self-sufficiency for everyone.

:D

I see guy's all the time with $100.000 dollar boats don't catch S#!+ lol the fish don't care what kind of boat or how much it cost by the time the fish sees the boat it's too late for them lol

When I was a kid, my Dad got a 10' Smokercraft, but we didn't get a motor for it until I was in high school.
When I was in my 20's, I got in a rowing race with that boat, with a guy who had a 12' gamefisher.
We tied, but that ol' Smokercraft plowed water like a tug boat.
"Tired" was a bit of an understatement after that race!
When we switched boats he saw what I was up against and refused to race anymore......weenie. :s0166:

Dean

Here you go my friend 's boat $70.000 dollar STABI CRAFT lol yep it's nice and comfy but it doesn't mean we going to catch fish as you can see we all happy even when we catch just one LOL IMAG1003.jpg IMAG1004.jpg IMAG1005.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top