JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Being a reasonably intelligent human being, I've developed the ability to turn my heat and lights on/off, Among other things around the house, all by myself. Including reading the temp in the fridge, and adjust appropriately. This technology should must be greatly helpful to millennials.
If it's not on their phone, it doesn't exist. :)

Being a reasonably intelligent human being, I've developed the ability to turn my heat and lights on/off, Among other things around the house, all by myself. Including reading the temp in the fridge, and adjust appropriately. This technology should must be greatly helpful to millennials.
Millennials are too busy being productive standing in line at Starbucks waiting for their $15 latte.

The wifi stuff is in a panel on the back, so you'll have to pull the fridge away from the wall or out of its alcove to get at it, but often it's just a matter of unplugging a connector, after you take the panel off.
Well that sure as hell is not happening then. I just keep seeing it when I re set the WiFi here asking for permission to connect. Washing Machine has some kind of way to hook in too but that so far has never asked to join

You can still get dumb appliances. They're not as fancy but they're pretty cheap.
Believe me when we bought these I could have cared less about the WiFi. The washer towards the end of the great hoax ours up and died. Repair places could not get parts and were backed up weeks to even come and look. Damn thing was a decade or better old so we just went online looking for what they had in stock to deliver. Had only a few choices and all I cared about was large enough capacity to toss things like comforters in. I NEVER want to have to set foot in one of those coin wash places again.
The Fridge we had bought a nice French door side by side just before the great hoax started. Damn thing kept dying. Warranty sent someone out to fix it. 5 or 6 weeks to get parts since the hoax was in full motion then. After second time it quit we were afraid to put food in it. Finally Sears just offered to buy us out. Offered the best one they had or cash. We went to one of the box stores found a nice French door one on sale and said send it to my house. Sears sent us a check. I did not even know it had WiFi until it started asking to connect to the home network. Have never bothered to get the manual out to see WTF it does if I let it. Guessing let me control it with my phone maybe which I of course could care less about. Just keep my damn food cold and make ice dammit. :s0140:

Believe me when we bought these I could have cared less about the WiFi. The washer towards the end of the great hoax ours up and died. Repair places could not get parts and were backed up weeks to even come and look. Damn thing was a decade or better old so we just went online looking for what they had in stock to deliver. Had only a few choices and all I cared about was large enough capacity to toss things like comforters in. I NEVER want to have to set foot in one of those coin wash places again.
The Fridge we had bought a nice French door side by side just before the great hoax started. Damn thing kept dying. Warranty sent someone out to fix it. 5 or 6 weeks to get parts since the hoax was in full motion then. After second time it quit we were afraid to put food in it. Finally Sears just offered to buy us out. Offered the best one they had or cash. We went to one of the box stores found a nice French door one on sale and said send it to my house. Sears sent us a check. I did not even know it had WiFi until it started asking to connect to the home network. Have never bothered to get the manual out to see WTF it does if I let it. Guessing let me control it with my phone maybe which I of course could care less about. Just keep my damn food cold and make ice dammit. :s0140:
The biggest issue is security. Most appliances are easy to hack, making them a simple way onto your home network.

My wife asked me why i speak so softly when I am in the room with the Amazon device, I said because it might be listening.
I laughed, she laughed, Alexa laughed, the television laughed, the fridge laughed.
We couldn't afford the Amazon connected fridge, so we settled for the Alex version.

1690083262801.png

The biggest issue is security. Most appliances are easy to hack, making them a simple way onto your home network.
So once thieves get in the house the key is get to the fridge and hack IT, to access and shut off the security system?
Makes sense. o_O

So once thieves get in the house the key is get to the fridge and hack IT, to access and shut off the security system?
Makes sense. o_O
Should make for another one of those huge pay outs for some law firm in a few years. Someone will come up with a class action due to the sloppy security. Tell everyone who bought one of these appliances to sign up. Later they will each get a few bucks while the law firm will get millions. :s0092:

Makes sense. o_O
They can hack in over wifi from outside the house - usually parked on the sreet - and access other network devices like your router or your laptop. They'll probably never enter the house.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top