JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey, has anyone restocked a model 70 Winchester? I'd like to be able to put a bipod on it without ruining the wood. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've heard tell of McMillan stocks, are they worth the money?
ZZ

If you want a truly hand-layered synthetic stock (not the run of the mill injection molded offerings) that will hold its shape and integrity, we are fortunate to have MPI stocks right here in Portland. Among the best respected synthetics in custom gunmaker circles. Go to their website and give Doc a call.

I've heard good things about both MPI and McMillan. If I was looking for a stock like that, I'd probably go MPI because they are local and you can have a face to face conversation with the makers of your stock.

A lot of the stock you choose depends on the kind of hunting/shooting you do with your rifle. I'm partial to Hogue because I use my rifles in wet and/or cold conditions and I love the "grippy-ness" of the rubber overmold. They are also not as hollow sounding as many other synthetic stocks. I have both pillar bedded and full length bedding block styles. If I was going to hang a bi-pod on one, I'd use the full length style because the bi-pod will mount at the front end of the block where the stock is extremely rigid.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top