JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What a nice FORM LETTER stating how he's going to vote AGAINST our Rights while trying to keep us all calm and hoping we'll soon forget.........

Mr. Merkley, we will not forget and will donate our time and money to make you EX-Senator Merkley.

I think he and many others of our representatives do not have the same views as we do and I bet they are more then willing to take one for the team (being voted out of office) to further their own beliefs.

I wonder how may e-mails and letters have been sent out by Chicagoans and NY'ers?

I believe its a waste of time. A hint would be the form letters sent for a reply and what is written in them.

Response from (not) my representative.........

January 16, 2013

Dear Mr. :

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts on gun ownership and gun safety legislation.

Like all Americans, I was deeply saddened by the horrific shootings in Connecticut and at the Clackamas Shopping Center. I was also reminded that such events are unfortunately all too common in our country.

I support the right of sportsmen to purchase guns to hunt and target shoot. I also support the right of law-abiding citizens to own certain firearms in accordance with the Second Amendment. However, I believe that current gun laws in the United States are contributing to a problem of gun violence that is out of control. In many states, it's impossible to even close the gun show loophole where individuals can purchase unlimited amount of guns without a reasonable background check.

Hundreds of people die from gun accidents and thousands of people are killed by gun violence every year. Assault weapons are available over the counter and can come with enormous magazines that serve no purpose in sports or target shooting. Too often our system of providing care to those with mental health disorders, who may become violent, often falls short.

In the aftermath of recent shootings, it has been encouraging to learn that many people actually do think that reasonable common-sense steps can be taken to reduce gun violence. Indeed, surveys show that the majority of NRA members disagree with many of the policies that the NRA itself is promoting. It is time to have a thoughtful and rational conversation about gun safety. This is why I support assault weapons legislation in the 113th Congress, along with a number of other pieces of legislation that will increase background checks and improve research so that we can better understand gun violence.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with me. I hope you will continue to be a part of this important discussion. Please continue to be in touch.

Sincerely,

Earl Blumenauer
Member of Congress

For more information about Congressman Blumenauer, please sign up for Earl-news at, http://blumenauer.house.gov.

You can now follow Congressman Blumenauer's office on Twitter,http://twitter.com/blumenauermedia.

This e-mail may contain PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL information and is intended only for the use of the specific individual(s) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged and confidential under state and federal law. This information may be used or disclosed only in accordance with law, and you may be subject to penalties under law for improper use or further disclosure of the information in this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail in error, please let our office know and then delete this email. Thank you.

If we send Blumenauer ten thousand e-mails I wonder if that would change his mind?

If I received ten thousand e-mails asking me to vote for the abolishing of the 2nd amendment, would I then be persuaded to change my mind? No!

If we send Blumenauer ten thousand e-mails I wonder if that would change his mind?

If I received ten thousand e-mails asking me to vote for the abolishing of the 2nd amendment, would I then be persuaded to change my mind? No!

Our Constitution calls for a representative form of government. Our Congress members are elected to represent us, not push their own personal agendas. If you don't believe in working within our Constitutional framework neither you nor I can blame your representatives for not representing your views.

It seems to me that unless your representatives have at least heard your views, you have no leg to stand on saying they don't properly represent you. On the other hand, if you do state your views and they are ignored, then you're sort of obligated to actually DO something about that. It's my observation that most people don't want to be put in that position of having to actually DO something about it, which requires some effort, or admit that they don't care enough to DO something about it, which takes away any weight their opinions may have had to start with.

So instead of expressing their views to their representatives, an awful lot of people are content to sit on the sidelines and complain about something, but don't really want to complain about it to the correct people. Furthermore, other people who do express their views to the correct people make them uncomfortable enough that they dismiss that act as futile. Have I got it about right?

If you feel the need, maybe you could read threw a few of my posts and see if you think I believe in the Constitution or not. I am very straight forward in my posts.

As for the representatives, so I have seen for a few weeks now many e-mails being sent to them and the responses from them have been posted for all of us to see. It doesn't look good.

I have expressed my views to a few representatives and one writes me fairly regularly. I guess I am not one of the ones that think our representatives are doing a good job. Or will. I will go further to say that by their actions of the last few years it makes me wonder, what in the heck they are really doing. Our Country is in real financial trouble but my representatives just want more debt? More spending? Other the Ron Paul who is truly representing the needs of our troubled country? I have lost faith in our representatives. Heck, most of the ones in my state do not even come close to believing in what I believe in.

Our Constitution calls for a representative form of government. Our Congress members are elected to represent us, not push their own personal agendas. If you don't believe in working within our Constitutional framework neither you nor I can blame your representatives for not representing your views.

It seems to me that unless your representatives have at least heard your views, you have no leg to stand on saying they don't properly represent you. On the other hand, if you do state your views and they are ignored, then you're sort of obligated to actually DO something about that. It's my observation that most people don't want to be put in that position of having to actually DO something about it, which requires some effort, or admit that they don't care enough to DO something about it, which takes away any weight their opinions may have had to start with.

So instead of expressing their views to their representatives, an awful lot of people are content to sit on the sidelines and complain about something, but don't really want to complain about it to the correct people. Furthermore, other people who do express their views to the correct people make them uncomfortable enough that they dismiss that act as futile. Have I got it about right?

Got it right? Well sorta.

How about when the representatives hear from the represented but seem to constantly do something different then what the represented wants? So the represented votes them out and the new representatives that have been put in power seem to be doing the same thing, not representing the people. What to do next? Keep voting in more people to not do your will?

While I suspect Merkley's office wrote this and not the Senator himself, I am hopeful that since Sen. Merkley is the one who pinned me with my Silver Star for actions in OEF, that he might actually have read my attempt to point out

Would you mind sharing your sliver star citation? You have my deepest respects and thanks for your service.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top