JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't particularly like Trump as a person, and I don't particularly trust him, but I've gotten much more pragmatic about politics in later years. Every single day I'm glad that Trump is in the White House instead of Hillary, even when he says or does something really stupid.

I feel much the same about Knute. He's not my favorite candidate; I don't like or trust him, but the alternative is disaster. He's got my vote.
If only a large percentage of gun owners would vote, and vote for themselves. OR and WA are racing to become like CA and it's entirely unnecessary. Believe me I DO NOT like or trust many of the people I end up voting for every couple years but I do vote. Always for the one who I think will do the least damage and can actually win. Often it's someone I want nothing to do with but there can only be one winner. If we could get 80% of the gun owners to vote well for a few elections we could see major change in our favor. Most Politicians only fear one thing, loss of power. Many of them are lying scum that don't believe anything they tell the voters but, they will do what they think needs to be done to keep them in office.

I did not say anything about support. I am talking about voting. Pretty simple yet many want to pretend they don't get it. There were only 2 people who were going to win last election for president. Those who refused to vote voted for the winner. those who live in OR who refused to vote for the guy who was running against Kate, voted in Kate. Now of course a lot of them blame everyone else except the people like them, who voted her in. <shrug>
Gun owners are great at throwing temper tantrums and complaining while they allow liberals to win. Then they throw another temper tantrum when the liberals, who they voted for, enact more gun laws. Amazing to watch it happen every couple years.
So talking about Oregon the Republicans are running with a liberal Republican called Knute that may turn out as bad as Brown. If that is the best the Republicans can come up with then the Republicans will lose an election that was theirs to win.

I've heard the old lies about how "they're all the same" and "Republicans ban guns more than democrats".

In my experience, I've heard these things from friends who are big union guys. Their unions know that a lot of union workers are hunters and gun owners who might vote for gun friendly candidates instead of the union recommended leftists, so they do their best to confuse the issue and turn it around backwards.

So talking about Oregon the Republicans are running with a liberal Republican called Knute that may turn out as bad as Brown. If that is the best the Republicans can come up with then the Republicans will lose an election that was theirs to win.

I wish I could agree that the republicans could win with a more conservative candidate, but unfortunately I think those days are past. It pains me to say that because this has been my home my whole life. If Portland where to disappear into a giant sinkhole, maybe we'd have a chance.

I wish I could agree that the republicans could win with a more conservative candidate, but unfortunately I think those days are past. It pains me to say that because this has been my home my whole life. If Portland where to disappear into a giant sinkhole, maybe we'd have a chance.
That is the problem we have here. King CO, especially the Seattle area. Has such a large voting block it's hard to beat. We still could if we could get 80% of the gun owners to unite, but as you see in places like this that seems almost impossible to do.

You have to make a distinction between the ruling class and the peons, not between R's and D's. People in the ruling class (no matter what party) do not like armed peons, and that is for very good reasons - it makes the peons more difficult to plunder and to bully. It's silly to expect ruling class bastards to support RKBA.

The only reason they put up with armed peons is that they know what will happen if they try a confiscation. They don't want to end up shot. The Constitution, our "rights", ordinary human decency has nothing to do with it.

DJT lost the popular vote by 3 million or so.

I guess you are counting the graveyard vote, the illegal immigrant vote and the ordinary fraudulent votes then...

In the UK, the Earls and other leaders of the Kingdom, for centuries stripped their people of owning any weapon, including swords. As blackpowder became a thing, the UK began regulations on those as well. Their was a steady constant pissing on their people. And that country is ruled in the same exact way other countries are that the UK goes to war with. It may be a small island in the Atlantic, but the UK is prime example of arrogance in power. The corruption has gone on so long there, it is a tradition, and a way of life. The scary part the people their defend their nations acts and love that country as if it is treating its people well. The USA is heading the way of that elite country where only the elite have a say. The UK shows clear where a people manipulated long enough will support and die for greed, power and segregation to be way of life that imprisons them, and they ask for more. The UK is ruled, but royalty. In a time where most civilized countries see monarchy as a thing of the past, as it is the same as a emperor that can do an say as they please.

We need to look at the UK, and realize that tyrannical country could be us some day. Republicans have an agenda, but over all they respect and fear the power and influence firearms owners have, let us not forget the UK is a prime example what happens when its people turn tail and run away from their government and hide. We need our Pro-gun politicians to know you vote against our rights? We vote you out !@

Last Edited:
We need to look at the UK, and realize that tyrannical country could be us some day.

The UK and the EU, both the golden dream of many Americans, will be taken over by the refugees that they have imported. Same will happen here. Question is... will China invade/occupy U.S. to prevent loss of their market?

The UK and the EU, both the golden dream of many Americans, will be taken over by the refugees that they have imported. Same will happen here. Question is... will China invade/occupy U.S. to prevent loss of their market?

Oh hey thats a very interesting hypothesis. It in our history time and time again we have done just that.
I think if China were to do such a thing they would hit us were we are the weakest. Our youth, whom live and die by electronics. You take out our power infrastructure and our under 30 crowd would perish in a week. Unlike the 1940's as has been said if Japan had invaded the US mainland, every person was armed and knew how to use a firearm. Now they rely of fake reality and would unlike China, and think that would work LOL. In the 1970's the eastern Canada and USA was hit by a massive solar flare, it interrupted many services, but people were able to do well, even though power stations were off line they were back rather quickly. Hit us today with a large EMP, and we are done. And probably most under 30 would perish due to their inability to understand the worlds logistics and how it truly effects us. I see EMP over bombs, because China or whom ever needs the country intact.

Of course politicians whose goals are to stay in power indefinitely, and make money from the influence they feel they have, are no friends of gun rights, because the gun rights are what keeps them from being able to subjugate the populace through fear and armed power. Guns, or arms in general really, are what are supposed to keep politicians in their place and remind them that the People should be who they serve, not themselves. We are among the few, if not the only nation in the world where the codified right to a citizens self defense extends to defense against governmental corruption and tyranny. Historians may note that really, it is only in the 20th Century that the arms the 2nd Amendment protects became subject to restrictions, regulations, and court interpetations, and only after the horrors of the 1st world war, and during the prohibition era and the rise of extreme gang violence in cities.

To aggravate the groups bent on abolishing or repealing the 2nd Amendment, may we remind them that there currently are no, zero, zilch, nil laws outright prohibiting the private ownership of cannons and big guns, only the Destructive Device regulations and tax stamps?

If we had a large emp hit us we would have more than just television and hand held devices go south. I think a lot of the water heat and transportation would be gone. Most people do not plan this far ahead. I think a emp would be just as deadly as a pandemic especially since we getting ready to go into our winter.

If we had a large emp hit us we would have more than just television and hand held devices go south. I think a lot of the water heat and transportation would be gone. Most people do not plan this far ahead. I think a emp would be just as deadly as a pandemic especially since we getting ready to go into our winter.

Most Definitely..

Never trust taskmasters, regardless of their political affiliation. If you think Washington, D.C. isn't full of task masters, just listen to multimillionaire Maxine Waters and her plans if the Dims take the House....

Never trust taskmasters, regardless of their political affiliation. If you think Washington, D.C. isn't full of task masters, just listen to multimillionaire Maxine Waters and her plans if the Dims take the House....
We the people should be the taskmasters, not the government cabal. Perhaps it is long past time that the people reminded them of that.

We the people should be the taskmasters, not the government cabal. Perhaps it is long past time that the people reminded them of that.
Agreed, but we better get on the stick, cause the hour is growing late... Moreso here in Oregon, where our rights are threatened every legislative season...

It is way past time for us to remind them, but our problem is that the longer we wait, the less people there are willing to do the reminding.

Ray

It is way past time for us to remind them, but our problem is that the longer we wait, the less people willing to do the reminding.

Ray
And there's the feeling that family safety and job security are more important than the risk of being thrown into jail or killed in an "insurrection" against the State (see LaVoy Finicum's murder and the Malheur Refuge standoff)

I do not see how an anti-Republican thread on this forum helps gun owners in any way.

A fair amount of members here hate Republicans, hate Conservatives, hate the NRA, hate Knute, hate Trump, but profess to be pro-2A.

So, vote against the examples above, and see how it further enhances our Rights.

I do not see how an anti-Republican thread on this forum helps gun owners in any way.
A fair amount of members here hate Republicans, hate Conservatives, hate the NRA, hate Knute, hate Trump, but profess to be pro-2A.
So, vote against the examples above, and see how it further enhances our Rights.

Its called infiltration, this site once had a different stance, where it saw Reps as pro-gun Dems as Antis.
Then it was allowed to take hold, there are many people here that appear pro-gun and have convinced over time, they are something they are not. Sadly the undermining continues as we seek here to be politically correct rather then call a duck a duck. I actually know this first hand and have seen the people on the opposite side given free rein here due to the rules. Its as if they found out, by abiding by the rules they can simply apply their agenda. It was that easy. Sadly now we have people talking about third party, why is that? Because they know it will hurt the Republican vote and why would they want that? Because things are not as they appear.,

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top