JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Trump turned EVERYTHING election on it's ear. He still is, just look at what goes on with him daily. Many are still in shock she lost. Many gun owners are still mad she lost, look how many of them you see here who wish she had won. I guess they don't have enough to complain about so they wish she had won so they would have more gun laws to complain about. <shrug>
Now as for the 3d parties, as I said the normal thing they do is elect the liberal.................

Exactly right.

As far as Mr. Gary Johnson, let me provide some facts about what he did to this country - I just discovered this tonight after reading the comments above. As a result of Mr. Johnson running (and people voting for him), he directly caused Trump to lose:

Colorado - 9 electoral votes
Maine - 4 electoral votes
Minnesota - 10 e. v.
Nevada - 6 e. v.
New Hampshire - 4 e.v.
New Mexico - 5 e.v.

And he almost caused Trump to lose in:
Pennsylvania
Michigan
Wisconsin
Arizona
Florida
Georgia
North Carolina

Source - scroll down thru the states and look at the numbers:
2016 Election Results: President Live Map by State, Real-Time Voting Updates

HRC got 2.86 million more votes than Trump. Mr. Johnson, who, no doubt pulled almost all his votes from Trump got 4.49 million votes. Thus, he is responsible for the anti-gun crowd being able to claim that she got more votes than Trump so he is not a legitimate President. This has torn the nation apart, and made leftists even more determined to get rid of the electoral college.

Source:
Gary Johnson presidential campaign, 2016 - Wikipedia

Still think 3rd parties are OK? Have a peek at the 127 page anti-gun bill our fine US Congressional Democrats have ready to go in January if they win in November:

https://www.congress.gov/115/bills/hr5087/BILLS-115hr5087ih.pdf

Third parties have no place in our system. 2nd place finishers get nothing. ;)

This is how gun owners keep shooting themselves in the foot every two years. There is always a "better choice". Often the better choice is far from perfect so gun owners get all righteous and refuse to vote. Then you get the Governor of OR for example, so the same gun owners who voted her in scream it's all someone else's fault.

Isn't that the truth? Nailed it on the head. Self-righteous folks that sacrifice the 'good' for lack of the 'perfect'. We'll never get anywhere with folks refusing to vote because they can't have their perfect candidate. A lot of conservative/right folks in Oregon sit out the elections, every time, as can be seen in the voter rolls. Sad they are willing to let the leftists run roughshod over us because they have some disagreements with the only opposition that could actually help keep these loonies in check.

I just found out a number of folks my wife knows never vote. My jaw about hit the floor. Their reason? They just don't really understand the issues or the candidates. WTF??! Who's fault is that? You all get a damn voters guide. You all can get on the internet. That's a lame-azz excuse if I've ever heard one. I don't know if it's going to come together, but she suggested, and some of them sounded interested, in getting together as a group and have us help walk them through the process about being better informed so they might actually vote. Good grief. When I turned 18, I started voting and have never missed an election since.

I just found out a number of folks my wife knows never vote. My jaw about hit the floor. Their reason? They just don't really understand the issues or the candidates.

Some years back my mother was telling me about a discussion she had with a friend of hers, who said much the same thing. She wanted to vote but there were always some things on the ballot that she didn't understand, and was afraid she might vote the wrong way not knowing. My mom say "You know you can vote on one or two things and leave the rest blank, right?"

Her eyes got big in surprise, "You can do that?!"

Yeah, some people have no clue, and are too lazy to bother to figure it out. This is where the left also has an advantage. They don't care if their people have a clue. They're happy to get a large group of ignorant people together, get them registered to vote, and "help" them fill out their ballot. I've seen it more than once.

It's hard to educate people and get them motivated enough to participate. It's much easier to tell a group of people "Make your mark here by 'Hillary' and I'll take care of the rest. It'll protect you from the bad people."

The culture has changed. You never see any serious talk about banning handguns anymore. They lost that battle, hands down, so they changed tactics a couple decades ago to going after "scary looking guns" instead.

I wish you were correct. Unfortunately, not only is there serious "talk" about banning handguns, there is a bill already in the US House of Representatives, that bans them. Only Republican control of congress has prevented it from becoming law; and in 3 weeks that could change. Here's the bill - 127 pages of gun-hate:

On handguns, go to page 3 part (36), and page 4 part (D), and page 5 part (E).

Vote straight Republican in November. Even a RINO is better than a Democrat 99.9% of the time.

You're right about one thing: The culture has changed. For the worse. Anti-gun sentiment is higher than ever by a long shot.

YES....there are Republicans that are not exactly my kind of 2nd A supporters.

That being said. Read the Democratic Party's Platform on gun rights.

Preventing Gun Violence
With 33,000 Americans dying every year**, Democrats believe that we must finally take sensible action to address gun violence. While responsible gun ownership is part of the fabric of many communities, too many families in America have suffered from gun violence. We can respect the rights of responsible gun owners while keeping our communities safe. To build on the success of the lifesaving Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, we will expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws; repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) to revoke the dangerous legal immunity protections gun makers and sellers now enjoy; and keep weapons of war—such as assault weapons and large capacity ammunition magazines (LCAM's)—off our streets. We will fight back against attempts to make it harder for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to revoke federal licenses from law breaking gun dealers, and ensure guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists, intimate partner abusers, other violent criminals, and those with severe mental health issues. There is insufficient research on effective gun prevention policies, which is why the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention must have the resources it needs to study gun violence as a public health issue.

Taken from: Party Platform - Democrats

I'm not a one issue voter and YOU get to vote for the individual that YOU want to represent YOU.

So......did anyone note anything about the recent Supreme Court vote?

Choose wisely.

Aloha, Mark

You think that's because ground was won with banning drop in autosears? Now they figure they can come in and ban what's left of the rifle they gained ground on?

I'm a bit young to remember it, when I hear strories of 75$ drop in auto sears and AR15s sitting next to M16s for only slightly more and a 250$ tax stamp it sounds amazing. I wish I could have been alive to see that.

And today's youth probably thinks that particular norm of liberty is crazy talk.

If liberty is crazy I would want to live in the insane asylum.

How history is taught in our schools.

Its-all-about-Deer-Hunting.jpg
your-rights-end-where-my-feelings-begin.jpg

Aloha, Mark

bottom line ..... if you like guns your choice is clear or you have double standards
"But but but... I'm not a single issue voter."

I hope people with that excuse are okay with losing their rights. Cause I'm not a single issue voter and I still always look at the politician's stance on the 2nd Amendment.

I hope people with that excuse are okay with losing their rights. Cause I'm not a single issue voter and I still always look at the politician's stance on the 2nd Amendment.
I think given the current state of public and political insanity its time we all make it a single issue THIS TIME ROUND at the very least

I've known plenty of gun owners over the years that are OK with more gun control. One guy in particular I remember, who had a fairly extensive gun collection, told me that he liked his guns, but would be OK with giving them up "if we could get a little social justice in this country.

I've talked to others, typically older guys who "have theirs", who don't think it's right that "just anyone" can get a gun. They typically have the resources and influence to get whatever they want and are fine with whatever hoops they can think of to jump through to get a gun; makes for more of an exclusive club for them, keeps out the "riff-raff".

We tend to think that "gun-owners" are a more cohesive political group, but we're not. Lots of people out there who happen to own a gun, don't care at all about your right to own one.

I'm not a single issue voter. But 2nd Amendment takes priority. As I said multiple times throughout the forum, I do care more about other things in politics, but any politicians wanting to restrict your rights are not ones any gun owner should consider voting.

To clarify, those who claim to not be a single issue voter for voting for an anti-gun candidate are among the issue.

Agree - always check their position on 2A. But if the choice on Nov 6 is Knute, Kate, or Charlton Heston (if he were alive), I'm voting for Knute because Charlton can't win as a 3rd party. ;)

I wish you were correct. Unfortunately, not only is there serious "talk" about banning handguns, there is a bill already in the US House of Representatives, that bans them. Only Republican control of congress has prevented it from becoming law; and in 3 weeks that could change. Here's the bill - 127 pages of gun-hate:

On handguns, go to page 3 part (36), and page 4 part (D), and page 5 part (E).

Vote straight Republican in November. Even a RINO is better than a Democrat 99.9% of the time.

You're right about one thing: The culture has changed. For the worse. Anti-gun sentiment is higher than ever by a long shot.

I agree with you on voting, and I agree that the rabid left would love to ban everything, but I can't agree when it comes to public opinion, and especially the realistic political will to ban handguns.

There is a perception that anti-gun sentiment is higher than ever, but polls don't bear that out. Don't let the rabid left fool you into thinking that everyone is against us.

Guns

How many know that the original intention of the 1934 NFA was to ban handguns along with machine guns and silencers? Apparently they didn't quite have the level of political will to get it done at that time. I for one would LOVE to see the democrats introduce and fight hard for a blanket ban on handguns. It would be fun to watch them commit political suicide.

Not sure why people forget who authored and planned most of the gun control we have experienced in the last 50 years. It's almost always Republicans taking away rights, democrats try but it's almost always shot down. Even the assault weapons ban was authored by and introduced by a republican White House. The bottom line was said above, the powerful do not want an armed populace, it only comes up when they need votes and then they go back to hand wringing and finger pointing. The democrats have fooled their voters into thinking they give a hoot about actually passing gun laws and the republicans use the same rhetoric to scare their voters into voting for them. Both sides want the same thing, they want a paranoid and unarmed populace looking for protection and leadership. Until people pull their heads out of their third point of contact this will just keep happening. Don't buy into either side as fundamentally right or wrong. I'm by no means a textbook conservative or liberal, I own firearms and don't want to have them taken away so I tend to vote for whoever seems to have common sense. I avoid the positions on a soapbox shouting too loudly, makes me wary.

Trump turned EVERYTHING election on it's ear. He still is, just look at what goes on with him daily. Many are still in shock she lost. Many gun owners are still mad she lost, look how many of them you see here who wish she had won. I guess they don't have enough to complain about so they wish she had won so they would have more gun laws to complain about. <shrug>
Now as for the 3d parties, as I said the normal thing they do is elect the liberal. Now and then a liberal will run some kind of 3d party but its not the norm. Notice how really angry left gets when one does, they know that all the 3d party is good for it defeating the candidate of the party they lean towards. There are some exceptions but they are rare. Run a 3d party who really leans conservative and they will pull votes away from the most conservative person running who may have a chance of winning. This is how gun owners keep shooting themselves in the foot every two years. There is always a "better choice". Often the better choice is far from perfect so gun owners get all righteous and refuse to vote. Then you get the Governor of OR for example, so the same gun owners who voted her in scream it's all someone else's fault. Amazing to watch it happen over and over again. I only hope more will wake up in a few weeks, we shall see soon enough.

The thought that if you dont support Trump you automatically support Hillary is at best ignorant
Trumps methods and behavior has made many individuals not trust him. He has recently indicated that violence and bullying does not belong in politics yet many of his previous statements have stated differently. I seriously believe that if it was to his advantage financially or politically he would do away with our rights. I in no way see him supporting the middle class in America. I wish it was not like this. Trump is for Trump and his rich freinds.

The thought that if you dont support Trump you automatically support Hillary is at best ignorant
Trumps methods and behavior has made many individuals not trust him. He has recently indicated that violence and bullying does not belong in politics yet many of his previous statements have stated differently. I seriously believe that if it was to his advantage financially or politically he would do away with our rights. I in no way see him supporting the middle class in America. I wish it was not like this. Trump is for Trump and his rich freinds.

I did not say anything about support. I am talking about voting. Pretty simple yet many want to pretend they don't get it. There were only 2 people who were going to win last election for president. Those who refused to vote voted for the winner. those who live in OR who refused to vote for the guy who was running against Kate, voted in Kate. Now of course a lot of them blame everyone else except the people like them, who voted her in. <shrug>
Gun owners are great at throwing temper tantrums and complaining while they allow liberals to win. Then they throw another temper tantrum when the liberals, who they voted for, enact more gun laws. Amazing to watch it happen every couple years.

https://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Documents/unofficial-ballot-return-nov-2018.pdf

D - 17.1% 984,477 total voters: Actually voted so far: 167,895

R - 16.6% 710,981 total voters: Actually voted so far: 118,148

As of 10/26/18 at 1312pm or 1:12pm for those who can't into 24hrs.
Follow this link daily during the week until Nov 6 to see where we stand.

A list of voters over time periods in Oregon with sourced site included.
https://data.oregon.gov/Administrative/Voter-Registration-Change-Over-Time/2ppg-zt4s

This link includes D/R/Indie/Libertarian and Non-affiliated.

Find a ballot box near you in Oregon
Oregon Secretary of State: Oregon Drop Box Locator

Current by political seatings: scroll down
Larry J. Sabato's Crystal Ball » 2018 Governor

Interactive map for 2018 also has news updates by state:
2018 Gubernatorial Elections Interactive Map

Copy paste and share with friends and God Bless!

Last Edited:
I don't particularly like Trump as a person, and I don't particularly trust him, but I've gotten much more pragmatic about politics in later years. Every single day I'm glad that Trump is in the White House instead of Hillary, even when he says or does something really stupid.

I feel much the same about Knute. He's not my favorite candidate; I don't like or trust him, but the alternative is disaster. He's got my vote.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top