JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi folks,
Sitting here in Reno airport just after coming through security. My big Nevada souvenir is a 20 round plastic Lancer mag in 5.56, etc. so after getting scanned by the big ol nakednator they took awhile with my carry on and had me step to the inspection station. Asked to search I said no problem. He asked about sharps, nope I sez. He says there's something with a spring. I said that's an empty rifle magazine. Take a look at it. So he did and said needed to talk to super. Super came out, looked a it and said no problem. I am sure I got added to another list. :s0114:

Brutus out

...Take a look at it. So he did and said needed to talk to super...

Too st00pid to make the call on it's own I see. Why am I not surprised.

I had a TSA idiot make me throw away an 8-oz tube of hair gel that was < half full...I asked it to do the math and let me know if it exceeded 6-oz. Nada, it had to go in the can according to it. So I said, take it home and use it...it's good stuff. It replied, I wish I could but they won't let us take passenger confiscations home....WTF?

:)

I had a TSA idiot make me throw away an 8-oz tube of hair gel that was < half full...I asked it to do the math and let me know if it exceeded 6-oz. Nada, it had to go in the can according to it. So I said, take it home and use it...it's good stuff. It replied, I wish I could but they won't let us take passenger confiscations home....WTF?

Believe a 3.4 oz bottle is the max unless its medication. I think allowing them to keep items would encourage them to confiscate more items even ones not prohibited.

It's all pretty stupid though.

The mag was legal in both Nevada and Wa. Didn't have carry on. I didn't expect it to show up so clearly but didn't expect a big deal. It was unopened in original factory packaging. I am driving to Wy for my next interview. They missed the 3 oz of Clp in my shaving kit.:cool:

Brutus out. The super was a nice older gentleman, maybe in his 60s. Probably an NRA member like me I like to think.

My mother was coming back from a Mexican cruise several years ago through LAX. She bought some nice booze as a gift for friends at the duty free shop. The TSA wouldn't let her take it through despite it being sealed/receipt etc.. The goon said he'd have to take it. Mom said no way I'll go get rid of it before I give it up to you. "But you'll have to go through security again". She left the line and dumped it out in a garbage can.

This is one of the reasons I will never fly again. I take the train to wherever I want to go that I don't want to drive. Nice relaxing way to travel, no cavity searches, don't feel like your packed in a can of sardines, get to look at something worth looking at out the window, can actually get some fresh air, enjoy a leisurely meal sitting at an real table and when you get to your destination you are not stressed out and tired. Try it sometime.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top